“Very nice hotel, helpful staff”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice hotel, helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was here for a conference and stayed two nights. As others have said, the location is good if you want access to Brooklyn and Manhattan. You can walk to the Brooklyn Promenade (absolutely worth doing by the way) and the Brooklyn Bridge. There is a very large subway station just outside the hotel, which can get you pretty much anywhere in Manhattan fairly quickly. Next door is a Panera, and across the street is Starbucks and Au Bon Pain.

I had two breakfasts and one lunch as part of my conference. Food was good (breakfast better than lunch, though the hot tea was lousy), and service was nice. Bathrooms were spotless and stocked with supplies.

Staff was helpful. Upon check-in, the person at the front desk worked hard to get us a king room. As a Marriott Silver Elite, I got free internet as part of my room, which was a nice perk that usually is not standard at Marriott's until you're a gold or platinum, so that was nice.

Rooms are good. Security is good. There were people stationed on our floor at night. I am not sure if that is always done or just sometimes, but it's really nice to have that.

The one hiccup was that it took them two weeks and my submission of a missed stay rewards form to get credit for my stay. I have stayed at A LOT of Marriot properties, and I have never had such a thing happen before. It was a bit irritating since the statement they slipped under my door included my rewards number. I am not sure why it took so long to post, but it finally did, so in the end, it all worked out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for two nights in July. I had myself a bit of a harrowing trip in through the city (dark, rainy, lost), and the front desk staff had me smiling and laughing in minutes. Phew! I ordered room service both nights. The food was good and the server was extremely pleasant. I left my car in the garage and the staff there were also very helpful and accommodating. The room was neat and clean, with crazy high ceilings. I was in the south tower - the taller one - and had a decent view west to the river and city. There are plenty of tall buildings, so it's not a clear shot. The hotel is just a couple of blocks from the walking entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge, and it's just about a 15 minute walk west to the river and the Promenade.

Room Tip: I requested a higher floor in the taller tower and was very pleased. Vending machines are on altern...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SIbrahim_Brklyn, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
All of us here at the Brooklyn Marriott were delighted to read your posting. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments recognizing the service of our front desk staff and our convenient location. The area surrounding the hotel is experiencing some great new options for travelers from entertainment to dining. We hope to see you again in the future. Enjoy your summer, Sam Ibrahim, GM
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband travels regularly to the city and has been staying here quite a lot. I chose to accompany him on his latest trip. I was very pleased with everything about this hotel. The service was especially outstanding.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank davmar97
Hilton Head
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently enjoyed a one night stay at the Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. Nick at the front entrance and Beverly at the front desk were so friendly, kind and helpful that we immediately felt welcome. We parked our car in the garage directly adjacent where hotel guests enjoy a reduced rate. After checking into our spotless room, we took a cab to Williamsburg for an Urban Oyster craft beer pub crawl...which I highly recommend. Didn't want to drive myself in case I caught a buzz, Back at the Marriott, I spent the evening taking pictures with my camera and tripod of the lower Manhattan skyline from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade. We then took the subway (maps supplied by Beverly!) to Manhattan for a late night supper, but we could have walked to one of the many restaurants in the neighborhood. I was impressed with the late night security at the hotel which included a uniformed officer near the elevators and three hall monitors on our floor! The next morning, I walked the Brooklyn Bridge and took more pictures of the neighborhood before a breakfast of fresh baked bagels from a local deli. I would highly recommend this Marriott.

Room Tip: If you have any special requests, don't hesitate to ask. We were able to check in early even th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SIbrahim_Brklyn, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
What an amazing review which I will pass along to the staff. Great comments about the hotel, location, staff and The Urban Oyster Pub Crawl. Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again in the future and hopefully you will be our guest for longer than one night – as there are so many more wonderful places to experience (ie – Brooklyn Bridge Park, Transit Museum, Botanic Gardens and more). Enjoy your Summer…Sam Ibrahim, General Manager
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This place works to make patrons feel wonderful. The staff on point, the rooms are large, the view is amazing, the concierge lounge has amazing food and Don is definitely a Master chef, it is close to everything including walks along the river and to cross the bridge. You pay for the luxury, but treat yourself to this hotel.

Room Tip: the rooms on the higher floors have amazing views - i recommend asking for as high as you can get.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kellisimo69
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

There are so many great places to stay in NY and the one that I LOVE coming back to is the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott.

How is it possible that I returned a year later that anyone would remember me? Ms. Baldwin is one of those amazing employees that makes the hotel shine. She takes time to get to know the customers at the hotel and help them in any way that she can. I was given directions, food recommendations and tips for getting around to see the fireworks. In addition, Ms. Baldwin said hello every time that we passed through the lobby and asked if we needed anything to make our stay better. Her hard work and customer dedication made our stay very special. THANK YOU!

I also wanted to give a big shout out to Don the Concierge. His fun personality kept everyone entertained and smiling.

The hotel itself is situated near the subways and in walking distance of great food and shopping. This hotel remains one of my favorites in the city!

Room Tip: Ask for the new tower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SIbrahim_Brklyn, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind review here on TripAdvisor and for recognizing the staff members that stood out during your stay. I am also glad that your posting shares with other travelers the great location we have here in Brooklyn. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you enjoy your Summer. Sincerely, Sam Ibrahim
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Brooklyn Marriott. Wanda, the concierge was friendly, exceptionally helpful and had great followup. There are wonderful restaurants in the area and a lot to do in Brooklyn. The hotel was comfortable and clean and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Our large corner room with windows on two sides was a bit noisy at night because of traffic on the b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family