“Well satisfied”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed for two nights over a weekend, drawn to Brooklyn by a nearby wedding. Easy check-in, nice room, good exercise room and pool, with everyone friendly and helpful. Our hostess sponsered a buffet breakfast Sunday morning, with a nice sunny private room right off the main restaurant. The staff could pay more attention to re-filling empty buffet offerings, but otherwise it was nice and we would return.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here during a recent trip to Brooklyn to visit family. Check-in was easy, and the staff was friendly. Our room was clean and a decent size. The location of the hotel is good, short trip from LaGuardia and easily accessible to all of Brooklyn and Manhattan. I used the gym both mornings, and there were an adequate number of treadmills and ellipticals despite the number of guests in the gym. I do wish they had bottled water or a water cooler instead of a water fountain the gym. Overall, our stay was good, and I would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Let me start by saying my rating only has to do with the problems I had with our reservation- not with the quality of service, people or the location. We went to NYC for President's Day weekend and we were bringing our 2-year old son. It is pretty hard to find hotels that have suites (a bedroom with a separate living room), especially for a reasonable price. When I booked our reservation, I could not have made this specification any clearer to the reservationist. We even had small talk about traveling with children and what a necessity it is to have separation. So, I hung up very satisfied and a month or so later, we were on our way! We had stayed with friends the first night in a very tiny Brooklyn apartment so I was looking forward to a room that was probably more spacious. When we arrived at the front desk, the man taking care of us said he had a "King Bed" room ready for us. At that time, I pulled up my reservation on my phone to prove that we had a suite reserved. He made a phone call and gave us room keys. You can only imagine my face when we opened the door and I was looking at an "oversized" room - no separation! A living area with a king bed right across it! I quickly went back to the front desk and got a different person to take care of my issue. I was pretty much in tears when she told me all of the rooms with a separate living area were booked. I didn't understand?? Did I mention I am pregnant with baby #2? It wasn't like we weren't paying good money - I was paying almost $400 a night for this room divider!!! The manager came over as well and apologized but said they could not accommodate the room we wanted until the next night and gave me $75 off the first night. I think I was the most annoyed with their suggestion that I should have called ahead of time to state specifically what I needed......am I crazy, or didn't I already do that when I made the reservation!!?? Either way, it did work out, but I felt like I should have got the first night at a regular king room rate. As much as $75 off helps, it didn't help to hide out of sight while our toddler put himself to sleep in a new place. It just didn't make for a good sleeping situation. Other than that craziness to start, it is a great location to many of Brooklyn's finest as well as getting to Manhattan! Very clean, friendly personnel, and updated rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We are great fans of Marriott hotels and therefore this was an easy choice when booking a trip for a special birthday treat for my husband. We stayed 7 nights and from the moment we arrived we found everyone to be very friendly, extremely helpful and courteous. Any requests we made were dealt with efficiently and promptly and when they heard it was a special occasion, a treat tray was delivered to our room with their compliments! We also thoroughly enjoyed the delicious coffee from the maker in the room. We booked an upgraded room with a view and were not disappointed. Our room on the 22nd floor was spacious and comfortable with a supersize bed and the view of Manhattan was simply breathtaking. Worth the extra cost. We did not eat in the hotel, as there are simply too many other choices around. We did have a drink in the bar and found the atmosphere to be very friendly and relaxed. Prices for wine in the hotel are ridiculous. Expect to pay around fifty bucks for a standard bottle of wine in the hotel! Our advice - buy your own locally if you enjoy a glass of wine in your room of an evening. There are two subway stations very close to the hotel and a third a short distance away. Most subway lines stop at one of these stations, even the lines which run through the night. The car service arranged by the concierge for us was a perfect way to end our time with the Marriott and we would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel (even the entrance/foyer is stunning!)

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a view!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed 3 nights March 14,15,16, 2013. The rooms were large and modern especially for New York City. The hotel is in a great location. Subway stations are right across the street. The biggest positive is the staff....absolutely wonderful. The doormen especially were very friendly and helpful.
We arrived around 2:30 and check in was 4:00. The only downside we did have to wait until right at 4 to finally get in the room. The front desk could be a little more friendly. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will book again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel has very beautiful rooms. I loved the convenience of the location - easily used the subway to get everywhere just a short walk from the hotel. Also felt safe there. A little disappointed that at the price point there isn't free wifi in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A business associate and I went to NYC last year, of course, on business and we stayed at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott. Both she and I are native Floridians where there are no subway systems and no big city living in our neck of the woods. We went to the concierge, Wanda, and she was... I am searching for the words... Wanda was a God-send! She is this take-charge woman who talks with force and meaning. She is patient when you ask for the third time "ok, now how do we get to the subway again?" She told us exactly how to get where we wanted to go, which line to take, where to get off and how to make it back safely. She told us a few suggestions for shopping and even marked the map for us. As we were about to leave she saw the worried look on our faces and told us to follow her as she walked left her station to walk us to this huge window and pointed out the road to us, told us if we exited the front, made a left, walked thru the breezeway this is where we would come out and make a left at the street. I will never forget how to get to the subway from that point because she was so helpful. She is great at remembering faces, she asked how we liked Timesquare and made more suggestions for the next day.

The rooms were beautiful and the views were great. The breakfast bar was good and the hotel is very clean. We went to the lounge and had a drink there. It was a nice time but this place would have just been a good night's sleep had it not been for Wanda, the concierge. She saved us time, money and helped make our trip memorable. Honestly, I couldn't describe in detail anything in that hotel but Wanda, I remember her like it was yesterday!

Room Tip: Great views from the higher floors. Definitley worth it to leave your curtains open all night and e...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business