“Great Service”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two days at a conference. The front desk team were very professional and Jeffrey was especially helpful and provided great assistance. He remembered the guest name and took of several special requests quickly and without question. Room was excellent - great views. Nick as part of the valet group was also very helpful with taxis and limos. My experience at the hotel was excellent and made better by these two and the rest of the group.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner - great views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SIbrahim_Brklyn, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Good Day, On behalf of the entire hotel, thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor and pointing out the wonderful service you received from Jeffrey & Nick. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to see that your stay was excellent. We look forward to being your host hotel again the near future. Best regards, Sam Ibrahim, GM

There are newer reviews for New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge

Reviewed March 11, 2013

we only spent 1 night but wish we had more time. we were given a corner suite w/ an outdoor balcony over looking the Verazano bridge, Brooklyn, & lower Manhattan. From the sofa in the living room we also had a great view. The bed was very comfortable & the bedding was soft. We asked the concierge for a restaurant recommendation since the one we had wanted to go to, River cafe(rated #1 in Brooklyn by TripAdvisor) was closed due to storm damage. Wanda, the concierge, w/o a moments thought was on the phone to Queen for a 7:30 reservation which was honored on time ( see review Queen restaurant). The room rate was half of New York City & was a large room

Room Tip: join Marriott rewards for room upgrades
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I was there for a convention, perfect location well served by the Metro to reach downtown. The hotel room are clean but basic for the category. My room 393 was very conveniently located, but I have been told that a few other rooms are quite noisy. No free wi-fy in the rooms is a shame

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank gilardoni
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for the service I received from the staff of the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott. Special thank to the security officer Hiram that went above and beyond in a way that I will remember for the rest of my life.

A little background. Our entire trip was great but the incident I'm wriiting about happened after I checked out. On the way to the airport my son lost his security blanket. If you are a parent you know how important this can be to a child and we would do anything not to lose it. Realizing it was gone our first inclination was to go back to the hotel, but with barely enough time left to get to JFK, I was forced to rely solely on the Marriott.

I called the hotel and asked for housekeeping. They said they would check the room immediately and call me.back. They did not find the blanket. They mentioned that I could file a report with the security office. I reluctantly agreed. I spoke with Hiram. Right off the bat, I was impressed. When I told him about the lost blanket , he described it to me. He said he had seen my son playing with it ( he takes it everywhere)

I had to rush off the phone to get on a flight but Hiram got my number. Later that afternoon I got a call from Hiram saying he had the blanket and would ship it to me without charge. He followed later to give me the tracking number, I am so grateful. My son is certainly grateful. This care to something that is so insignificant in the scheme of things, but to my family SO important means so much. It's things like this that has kept my whole family coming to Marriott for years. Thank you Hiram and Thank you Marriott!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeffery P
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is incredibly well located -- there are multiple subways to Manhattan within a couple of blocks. Lovely Brooklyn Heights neighborhood, near restaurants. You can really get anywhere. It is near the Brooklyn Museum and Botanical Garden -- I lived in NYC for years and I still love the Botanical Garden in Brooklyn, a must see. The hotel is clean, with comfortable beds and a helpful staff. Nice exercise room and pool. And, my goodness what a bargain, particularly if you prepay you can really get a deal here. My only criticism is that the concierge is not very helpful (and was apparently off on Friday night -- huh?). But the front desk helped me out, after some back and forth. Also, FYI they charge for WIFI in the room, but it is free in the lobby, which I know a lot of hotels do but always annoys me (esp. if I am travelling on business). But overall, recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hikergirl11
Reviewed March 4, 2013

What a great place, best location in Brooklyn Heights and great staff who goes above and beyond. Restaurant closed for dinner is a pain if you have kids and need something fast but hey - its NY afterall and amen to NYC food ! I wouldnt stay anywhere else, you can even walk across the bridge into battery park for breakfast !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I only stayed one night, so we didn't get to experience many of the hotel amenities. But the staff at the check-in desk, in the garage, and at the concierge desk were all very pleasant and inviting. The room was gigantic , quiet, and reasonably updated, with recently-refurbished bathroom. Parking was pretty reasonable, connected to the hotel, and only $25 per night. My only complaint would be that the room smelled a little musty...almost sweaty...when we first got there, but I left the window open, and when we came back at the end of the night, it seemed to have cleared out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family