“Week in Brooklyn”

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Beirut
“Week in Brooklyn”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was my first trip to NYC and hopefully, not my last. If I ever go back, I will stay again at the Marriott by the Brooklyn Bridge. I can't praise the staff and location enough. Wanda was wonderful and friendly. Always ready to help with reservations and directions. Leonard kept us comfortable and Jeffrey always greeted us with a welcoming smile. Janet, in the Archives Bar, was always friendly and helpful. (Delicious Shrimp Fajita's) The Chef Julette was wonderful, and what a baker. Great cookies! Wish I could comment on all the staff. Obviously, they enjoy their work. Location? Just right. Close to the subway, shopping and dining.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mineola, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the Brooklyn Marriott on New Years Eve, where shall I begin, from the moment I enetered the hotel till i checked out, the staff blew me away with their friendliness, cordiality and warmth. The service was Exceptional, the food was outstanding, great superb, exquisite and unforgettable experience

Congratulations to the General Manager, I am sure you are very proud of your staff!
Truly, its home away from home...

Room Tip: South tower, high floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank May U
Visalia, California
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Since my girlfriend and I traveled to NYC to get married, we chose the Marriott as it was conveniently located next to the Courthouse. Though, what impressed the most was the service of the staff members; the hotel’s service was fantastic. The staff at the front desk were very friendly, especially Jeffery. In the Concierge Lounge on the 23rd floor, we enjoyed a delightful breakfast. In addition, we were also pleased with an individual who worked at the Concierge Lounge. His name was Leonard, and each day he went out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. During the evenings, we were treated to snacks in the Concierge Lounge. When it gets dark, the view of Manhattan from the lounge is breath-taking. Lastly, I was very pleased to see the hotel's General Manager walking throughout the hotel. He was chatting with the guests and making sure everything was just right. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially to couples. I would also recommend the hotel to families, because of the friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SIbrahim_Brklyn, Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest: Congratulations on your wedding! And...thank you so very much for your kind words. It's great to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful as we strive to make you feel a part of our Brooklyn Marriott Family. We look forward to being your host hotel again in the future. Best regards, Sam Ibrahim, GM
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

1/29/13-We just attended a wedding in Brooklyn and most of the out of town family and friends stayed at this property. From the lovely, accommodating event planner who helped us all with our reservations, questions and the typical last minute issues to the gentleman who helped us with our bags and gave some good tips on eateries, this hotel has the most pleasant, well trained staff we've ever encountered. We both kept remarking that the friendliness of this staff made us feel as if we were in the mid-west! Fabulous views, great location and even had a couple of great meals at their restaurant. Would highly recommend, business or pleasure, you won't find a hotel with a staff more friendly or eager to please.
The room was spacious and adequate and even had a mini refrigerator (which came in handy for drinks and snacks). We were on one of the lower floors and were never disturbed by traffic or pedestrian noise. They also have a very nice gym. The prices were surprisingly reasonable and parking at the property was nominal compared to other hotels.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'm back from this property and very much enjoyed my 4-night stay as it was top flite all around.

I was assigned room #1403 upon check in after having politely asked for a king bed room as high as possible for an view and the agent did take some time to check rooms rather than the perfunctory glance I've received at other hotels. The room looked out over the rather bland NY Supreme Court opposite the hotel but had a nice view of Borough Hall and you can hear the chiming of the clock bell, a nice surprise. The king bed has to be one of THE most comfortable I've found at any brand and slept super soundly as there was little traffic noise later at night unlike Times Square where I moved for my last 2 nights and was awoken several times by sirens, horns and street noise. The room was well appointed and comfortable with a chaise lounger that was nice to spread out on rather than just the usual sitting chair. The only nitpicky things I'd note would be a few flakes of peeling paint on the bathroom ceiling and a little slow delay for hot water, though the water pressure I found good. Also the safe is in a drawer on the desk and means lifting a heavy lid to use it and found there was no way to prop the lid open so a tad different to almost all others I've experience in hotel rooms.

I found the pool was closed for maintenance and would've liked it being available. There was a sauna & whirlpool that were open but didn't give them a try.

The walk to the nearby subways stations is barely a few minutes so access is good, so good you're a shorter ride into Lower Manhattan than if you were staying further uptown. Overall very much appreciated the location and being able to walk to lots of sights in and around the area including the Brooklyn Heights neighborhoods with lots of good restaurants, NY Transit Museum, and of course the Brooklyn Bridge. Other sights around Brooklyn are well worth exploring and managed to work in visits to Junior's, Brooklyn Museum and Brooklyn Botanic Garden which was free for Winter weekday visits.

Overall a very nice stay and would return in a NY minute. The staff were super friendly and the hotel more than comfortable that I'd like to return in warmer weather as the week I was in NYC it was the coldest 6 days stretch in 19 years, IIRC from one local TV channel's weatherman. The bonus of being out of the hectic pace of Times Square & Midtown in general is well worth considering this Marriott as it has lots going for it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Albany, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week to attend a party and visit family. Very close to subway and right around the corner from Fulton Stree so I course I did some great shopping. Checkin was a breeze and the room was great. Had some issues with the heating unit but I figured it out. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TripAdDi
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Most welcoming and gracious personnel. Also had a dinner for 12 persons in break out room by bar. Service by Yvonne was superior and expeditious as well as excellent.
Well located to access manhattan either by cab or a couple stops on the subway. I also have had family and friends staying at this property and all were delighted even the teen age kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bridge.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business