New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
$199
$164
Agoda.com
2,137 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungebrooklyn bridgem clubmontague streetnew yorkborough hallshake shackjay streetlower manhattancorner roomstatue of libertyhotel restauranthigh floorparking garagefront desk staffbusiness centertimes square
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here for two nights to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. What a great experience. What made it special was that the staff went out their way to meet our needs with a smile. Here are a couple of examples:

1. When we checked in, the front desk staff gave us options on how to meet our conflicting desires of an connecting set of rooms, two double beds in both rooms, and feather free rooms. He gave us options and, based on our preference, set up adjoining rooms with a cot in the room with the King bed. He arranged to have feather free pillows delivered. No complaints, just focused on making us happy.

2. Once we checked in everyone delivered everything within 15 minutes, keeping us from having to wait for anything. The security person who opened the adjoining doors and the staff members who brought the cot and pillows were very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff even made an extra trip to bring us sheets for the lounge chair in our room, again with a smile.

3. The concierge lounge staff was the most attentive and friendly I have ever experienced. The evening concierge manager, Don, is especially good. He went out of his way to talk to everyone, keep everything clean, and ensure our needs were met.

This went on and on -- always helping with a smile. I'm a Marriott fan, but this place was a notch above anything I've experienced in the 100s of nights I've spent at Marriott Hotels.

Although what set this hotel apart was the service, I'll also mention the rooms were clean and spacious and there were multiple convenient subway stops within a block of the hotel, so getting into Manhattan was no problem. Also, since this was in Brooklyn, it is much easier to drive to than a Manhattan hotel if you are arriving by car. Highly recommended for a visit to NYC!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here in October 2012 with a school group attending a law competition. Stranded by hurricane Sandy we were well looked after by the staff at the hotel for an additional 6 days. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they are couteous and friendly at all times. The free wi-fi in the lobby and lounge area was very welcome but not always reliable. There is a gym and swimming pool which is well used. Location is excellent - subway stops within easy walking distance, nice diners nearby for breakfast, cinema 10 minutes walk away and good shopping to the north of the hotel. The walk over the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan is worth doing, doesn't take long and allows access to all the lower Manhattan sights. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is delicious but a tad expensive for breakfast. Food in the restaurant is excellent.

1  Thank ScotLegaleagle
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I travel for business and I have been staying at the Marriott by the Brooklyn Bridge since Jan-2012. This hotel exemplifies Marriott's exemplary service and super dedicated client service. From the minute I check in to the minute I check out, everyone always says hello, smiles . It truly feels like home!!! I have been very impressed by all the available services, the rooms are very spacious and clean, and the food is really great! Special kudos to the property's General Manager - Sam Ibrahim - who I have the great pleasure to know personally. Sam has the pulse on eveything that goes on and he trully makes this property run like a well oiled machine!! Congrats!

Room Tip: Treat the hotel's staff as you'd expect to be treated. They will not dissapoint you.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family stayed at the Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge for four days in October. The reason for our trip was my brother's wedding. I selected the hotel in large part based on its location and other reviews I had read of Brooklyn hotels.

It is more expensive than most hotels I use, but because it was a special occasion, I was willing to spend a bit more. Also, I wanted my kids' first experience in NYC to be a positive one.

The hotel is in an excellent location. I felt very safe there, and went out several times late at night. It is an easy 5 minute walk to Montague street and the trendy Brooklyn Heights neighborhood, where there are lots of restaurants and bars.

The hotel was very quiet. We were on the 15th floor, and we could not hear the traffic below, or neighbors in other rooms.

I was expecting a tiny room, but was pleasantly surprised that it was not unusually small. It was nicely appointed. Our room had a view of the Manhattan Bridge, which was an upgrade. My sister's room was adjoining ours, and she had a better view of the Manhattan Bridge and also the statue of Liberty.

We used the concierge to book a bus tour and help us locate a church on Sunday. She was extremely helpful and provided a lot of local knowledge. However, be warned, the hotel charges a hefty fee for the concierge bookings, so you may want to make your own reservations.

We used cabs and hired cars near the lobby on several occasions. There was never a problem getting a car. We were always able to just walk down and jump in a car.

I used the gym once. The gym is very good compared with most hotels. There were lots of cardio machines, and when I was there I could have chosen any type of machine I wanted. I believe there were lots of weights & strength training machines, too, but I didn't have time to take advantage of those.

When we returned late on Friday and Saturday evening, there was a guard in the lobby who verified that we were hotel guests (by checking our key) before allowing us to take the elevator. Also, I saw a guard walking the hotel on the room floor and in the gym. The guard was always cordial, and this seems like a prudent measure.

My only (small) complaint was regarding consistency. The lobby bar acts as a cafe in the morning, serving coffee and pastries, but only on weekdays. On weekends, it is closed. However, the hotel restaurant had complementary coffee available, which I drank in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was with 11 pupils and another member of teaching staff For a competition in New York. We ended up being stranded in New York after hurricane sandy meant are flight was cancelled. The hotel ensured we got rooms for all of us to stay in and helped us to rearrange all our travel arrangements. There is a bar area (with Starbucks coffee), a restaurant and a large lobby area with free wifi. There is also a swimming pool, spa and fitness suite. The hotel really looked after us for the extra week we were stuck in New York! Location wise it is very good, within easy walking distance to Brooklyn bridge, ground zero etc, it is also a short taxi ride to 5th avenue and time square. There are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops, as well as shops in the local area which made it easy to find things to do. I would definitely stay here again and can't praise he hotel staff enough for all their help.