“Great price for a NYC Hotel”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great price for a NYC Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great hotel to stay while visiting New York City. Compared to the prices of hotels in Manhattan, the Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge is a great deal. It's in close proximity to the Brooklyn Bridge--literally within walking distances. Close to the subway stations. I've used the Jay Metro, which is around the corner of the hotel.

The rooms are clean with amenities you'll find in any hotel. There's a pool and fitness room. The hotel has only one restaurant, the Archives. The Archives is pretty pricey--then again, most hotel restaurants are expensive anyway.

Trader Joes, restaurants, and pharmacy stores (e.g. Duane Reade, Rite Aid, CVS) are just a few blocks away from the hotel.

Some staff are terrific and others are just okay.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Park Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had to stay in that area of Brooklyn for a concert. Since it was very convenient, we booked it even though the price was rising even as we were thinking about it. For $469.00/night plus the many taxes, it was quite a hefty sum in the end ($586.45 for our one night stay, not including breakfast, just a club sandwich for $21.78 my husband ate in their lounge). And for that amount, it did not meet the luxury level standard that the price would indicate. When checking in, I felt as if I was boarding a plane. My husband was attending to the car, and because the reservation was in his name, they almost didn't let me register. Only when my credit card proved the same as the one used for booking, was I allowed to proceed. Then they wanted further i.d and I had to produce my license...the woman who checked me in kept saying " thank you for not giving me a hard time about asking you for i.d." When we called later, and asked the concierge a question as to what time the street meters were off at night for parking, they didn't know and didn't bother to find out the answer for us. The beds were comfortable, people who worked there seemed nice, and it seemed clean, but certainly not worthy of that price point.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Bruno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just returned from an 8 night stay at this hotel. This is the way to vist New York. You will save at least 20-25% on your accomodations cost by staying here, and will not give up any amenities. Its a 30 minute walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (very cool) or a 10 minute subway ride to Wall Street (subway station less than 200 yards away).
The Marriot staff from Jeffrey at the desk, to Leonard and Don in the Heights Concierge Lounge are so helpful and friendly. Our room was on 22 and we had views of the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Ellis Island, Manhattan, Staten Island Ferries.... it was breathtaking.
The king Room was a corner unit, large with a king bed that was so comfortable we slept like rocks. Also had a small refrigerator. Good size bathroom with a tub shower and nice toiletries.
The neighborhood is nice and friendly. Montague St has some nice restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. The Brooklyn Promenade is a great place for an evening stroll with stupendous views of Manhattan.
I came in whistling "Welcome Back Kotter" expecting to see Horshack at the front desk, and was very much surprised at the pride and professionalism of the staff. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high tower room, facing Manhattan
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DaveL52
Avon, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. It is in a fantastic location for what we wanted. On the Brooklyn side, Montague Street is one block away and it is filled with shops and nice community restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can also walk to the end of Montague Street and reach the river where there is a good view of the Statue of Liberty, Freedom Tower, Ellis Island and lower Manhattan sky line. There is a nice walkway along the water. The outdoor mall is only two blocks away, the Brooklyn location for discount Broadway box office is right behind the hotel and next to a Starbucks. We had a much shorter wait for tickets here than any of the other locations. You can walk over the Brooklyn Bridge into lower Manhattan and be at the Fulton Pier in about a mile. I did my morning run over the bridge and up the west side along the Hudson and back – a great trek. I’m not sure you can do better than this for location and convenience if you are moving around the city and don’t want to be smack in Times Square frenzy. This is a more low key and relaxing location than that and my family enjoyed the local shops and ease and safety of movement. When we wanted to head into the masses, all the subway lines stop within a block, so it was easy to jump a subway train and navigate the city. At the hotel itself, we were upgraded to a very nice room and the Marriott Rewards lounge was quite good. The bed was great and the room very comfy. The bathrooms have been updated and while it is not super luxury, it was better than what you find at most upscale hotels and was clean and well stocked. There is an excellent exercise room with a number of machines and weights and this is right next to a three lane lap pool, whirlpool and sauna. It is not easy to find hotels in NYC with those particular amenities all in one location. The staff is great and the hotel has invested nicely in a face lift. We would absolutely stay again and the whole family loved it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east are quiet and the higher floors have almost no noise. The exercise room is on the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Thomas B
Saint Louis Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice hotel, very convenient to the subways and a very easy trip to JFK . Very short walk to "walk" the Brooklyn Bridge and walk the neighborhood to the Brooklyn Promenade. The hotel check in went very well, and afterwards they had me "spin the wheel" for a free prize. My free prize was a free movie from the on demand in the room. They told me it would be credited when I checked out. We rented a movie and mid way through it stopped by itself. We called the desk and they sent an engineer to investigate. He said he would have the movie taken off our bill. So you guessed it, we were charged $20.00 for the movie. My husband forgot his razor and went to buy one in the gift shop. The attendant said we could get a free one at the front desk. We asked the front desk clerk, she said she would have one sent up....it never ever arrived. Don't promise things you can't, or won't deliver on. The restaurant was a disappointment. Service was poor. We waited at least 10 minutes each of two times we went in for drinks and appetizers before we were even acknowledged, and the server never even asked if we wanted a second round of drinks. On a Saturday morning we went in, looking for a cup of coffee...we stood at the bar for at least 5 full minutes and never saw an employee. All that was there was a box with a few dollar bills in with a sign that said "thank you for tips" Not very classy for a hotel like the Marriott to allow this type of begging.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jill B
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our room was absolutely beautiful! All of the amenities were great and the room was very clean. The location of the hotel was good and very close to the subway. We had drinks at the restaurant and the servers were short and sweet, no frills. I'd suggest this hotel to anyone looking to get out of Manhattan or just looking for a very nice hotel!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip in Brooklyn. We didn't choose the hotel because Manhattan was too expensive, but rather we were doing business at the soon-to-be opened Barclays Center (which is about a half hour walk from the hotel). The hotel is super easy to get to from subway points as there is a subway stop about a block away (4 lines stop here). I liked this hotel because 1) the size of the rooms are twice that of Manhattan hotels 2)the door men know the neighborhoods REALLY well and recommended great places to eat and 3) they were very accomodating for a hiring event we were doing. The room has standard amenities. I was surprised that this hotels charged 14.95 for in room internet service (unless you have status with marriott) and it is for service from noon to noon. There is free wireless in the lobby, but it can be crowded and noisy. The front desk staff was friendly and they open check in lines when the lines get long. I did not order room service, but within a 2 block walk are some great local restaurants as well as good food trucks. There is a great gym on the 4th floor with more cardio equipment than I have seen in a hotel gym in a long time. There is also a full sized pool for fitness swimming. The area is completely safe and several times my group went out to eat and walked through neighborhoods without issue. You can run across the Brooklyn Bridge even with construction taking place (total about 3 mile run). Taxi to lower Manhattan was about 20 dollars with traffic. I would stay back here in a heartbeat, though I think this hotel will fill up quickly when the Barclays Center opens for basketball, concerts, and conventions this year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a street view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business