“Wonderful Wedding Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
Valley Stream, New York
“Wonderful Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked the hotel for out of towners and immediate family for our daughter's wedding. The service was excellent and the facility in a great location. The staff were friendly, thorough and always available if needed for anything at all! Lindsey Johnson, our event planner, was amazing!
Always available to answer any of my concerns and questions, just a delight to work with and meet.

I would stay here for any occasion in the future. My guests were vey happy with the accomodatons and services provided by the entire staff.

Great job Marriott staff and thanks for making our daughter's wedding a success!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, but the customer service exceeded my every expectation! The rooms were clean, bright and the corner room had an amazing view. The hotel is close to the subway, so it is easy to go anywhere from here. Also the hotel is close to shopping (Macy's) many restaurants and the beautiful waterfront. Ohhhh, what a great night's sleep. The mattress was wonderful and the room was quiet. I LOVED it!!

Ms. Baldwin was the professional that checked me in. She sensed my excitement and asked the reason for my visit. I told her about my celebration and she stated that she would "do whatever she could to make it very special." In addition to giving me the perfect room, she took the time to learn about what I was hoping to do during my stay. She gave me dinner suggestions, subway directions, city tips, maps and highlighted the areas of the city that she thought I would enjoy. In addition, Ms. Baldwin gave me her card and insisted that if I got lost on the subway or needed more help, that I should call her. Although the front desk was very busy, Ms. Baldwin treated me like I was the most important customer at the Marriott!

Throughout my stay, Ms. Baldwin would ask how things were going and if there was anything else she could do to make my stay more enjoyable. This happened every time I passed the front desk and she was working. Her efforts were above and beyond!

I often have a busy travel schedule and have stayed at many hotels in and out of New York. The Marriott Brooklyn Bridge has become my favorite hotel in the New York City area. Ms. Baldwin delivered superior service and has stood out in my mind as one of the top employees in all of the places that I have stayed over the years.

My celebration at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott is one that I will always fondly remember.

Room Tip: The corner room is sweet!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beardancer
Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here four days for a conference. Great location, just a short (5 min or less) walk to the Brooklyn Bridge, and also a Metro station on the backside of the hotel (walk down a tree lined walkway beside the hotel to get there). There is also a TKTS booth (that never had a line) located near the Metro entrance. We felt safe (2 women) walking around and taking the Metro to go see shows on Broadway at night. Room, with two queen beds, was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Disappointed that internet access only in the lobby, with a $15 a day fee for room access (luckily for me the conference covered the room fee, but would be a concern if I was coming back here). Staff were friendly and helpful. The pool was great for lap swimming. Only two minor things about the room: 1) a curtain pull rod was missing, and the edge of the curtain hung a bit funny, but could still be pulled over; 2) the hotel staff left a message for us during the night (about check out) that had the message light blinking so brightly that it woke me up, and I couldn't get back to sleep until I put a pillow over the phone. An unexpected bonus: the food they provided for the conference was much better quality than any conference food I have ever had before. I actually looked forward to the meals!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

My sister lives in downtown Brooklyn and I booked a trip with my mother to visit her. This hotel was not only extremely convenient, but also of excellent quality and service. The hotel is very accessible from the Jay Street metro stop which connects directly with JFK via the A and the airport skyrail. Downtown Brooklyn is extremely walkable from this hotel and there are many restaurants in close proximity. The staff was all very kind and helpful - we even got in at 10:30AM thinking we would just drop our bags for them to hold but they gave us our room - 4 hours early! Manhattan is also a very easy metro/cab ride away. We took the car service back to JFK which was available at the hotel for $45.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heidi M
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I've been attending a conference here for the last several days but due to conference logistics couldn't get into a room here until the last day. Every employee I've encountered has been friendly and immediately responsive. My check-in experience today took that to a new level.
Every once in awhile someone surprises us and lets us know we are each special. Guest Service Representative Cheryl Baldwin did that for me today. She listened to my request, made a recommendation, and suddenly my last night of the week's business travel became a mini-retreat. The views are gorgeous (I'm watching the sunset over the tip of Manhattan as I type), the room is comfortable, and I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening. While I may not be able to stay longer, I definitely will return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KimNH_12
Dunn, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have stayed at this location several times when visiting friends in brooklyn and too go shopping with my two kids and other family members. This location is very close to the metro. We did not look at the metro schedule and many of the lines were down late at night which caused us to get lost but other then that the trip was good. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. We were also able to get a rollaway bed for my nephew to sleep on. The cost is good in comparison to other hotels of the same rating in the area.

Room Tip: We prepared to do alot of walking...it is NY
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

The room is very confortable and the hotel has 2 different metro stations very close to it.
I have a special compliment to Mrs Patricia Soto that is an excellent professional. She was always ready to help me in all my needs! Thanks to her.

• Stayed June 2012