“Wonderful Brooklyn Hotel”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed here for the first night of our honeymoon and I thought that this hotel was fabulous. Many years ago, this hotel was not in existance in Brooklyn and it was such a welcome and convenient hotel and location.

The beds were extremely comfortable. They were so comfortable in fact, that I didn't want to get up the next morning.

There is also a lovely swimming pool on sight that we didn't get a chance to use.

We had breakfast and dinner at the on-site restraurant and the food there was 5 stars!!!!

I had a wonderful stay at this Marriott Hotel at Brooklyn Bridge.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TwinParents

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have great reviews for the Brooklyn Marriott. Staff - excellent. Rooms - excellent. As it is my 3rd time staying here for work, I started to think there is nothing wrong with this hotel. I need my sleep during the morning-early afternoon time since I arrive on a red eye flight. To my surprise (and 4 coworkers as well), the drilling started at 1pm. It was HORRIBLE. I thought it was above me, but it was actually down the hall. Turns out that the 8th room down the hall was being renovated. Called the operator, told me that someone will call back, someone else said finding engineer. They offered to change rooms, but I was hoping it can stop. It was a good 30 minutes of calling, asking for update, finding no answer, drilling continuing,when all I needed was to sleep. In the end, I changed rooms. What's frustrating is that they said they knew about it, and that it couldn't be stopped. Plus, there was a room down the hall available (which I moved to), which I could have been put in the first place and all this interruption of sleep would not have happened. I have a video of this on youtube. tell me if you think it is annoying or not.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank YaOHan
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Above average experience at the Marriott. The location was great, right by the subway. The hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean, updated, and spacious. The bathroom was especially clean, which is a huge plus. At night, it was very quiet. In the morning we were greeted with a smile from all hotel employees. The concierge was very pleasant, and the people at the front desk were very helpful (directions, early check-in, etc.). The beds were amazing! The complimentary breakfast was above average, service was good, food was good. Overall, a good stay. Will definitely come back to stay when in Brooklyn.

3  Thank Stacy M
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I spent two nights at The Marriott in Brooklyn with two children. The room was large and could easily accommodate the three of us. However, the room was dirty, especially the bathroom. There were hairs (belonging to a previous hotel guest) all over the bathroom floor and in the bath/shower. It had obviously not been cleaned.
In the early morning it gets pretty noisy as hotel guests start using their showers.
The location is good, very close to subway stations. Nevertheless, next time I will be looking for a different hotel.

5  Thank Niki500
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This was one of the nicer Marriotts (i.e., above the average standard) in terms of friendly service and nicely appointed rooms and general appearance. Super gym with lots of aerobic and weight training equipment as well as a 25m lap pool (water was slightly murky but still suitable for some good workout swims). The concierge lounge was okay but no service on weekends. I didn't realize this was the weekend when Will Shortz runs one of the crossword competitions; will definitely plan on returning next year to be part of this. Service was excellent, from the car parking to helpful security/doormen, to check in staff. The hotel also used the nice feature of asking when you want your room made up. This is a good hotel; and Starbucks is close by.

4  Thank fred200099
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I went to Brooklyn last week purely for pleasure--it was a last minute trip to see a friend--so I was in an excellent mood and was probably going to like any hotel I stayed in. But in fact, when my driver picked me up at JFK, and I told him I was staying at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge, he was properly impressed: "That's the best hotel in Brooklyn" he said. And it was.

I arrived at 9am after a red-eye flight and they found me a room so I could check in early (5 hours early!). That made my stay!!! What terrific customer service.

My two-night stay went without flaw: the bed was comfortable, the internet worked well (yes there is a $14 fee, which seems little high), the lobby bar served good Starbucks coffee in the morning, and the housekeeping did a fine job.

When I needed to leave my luggage with the bellhop after I checked out on the last day, the hotel was happy to oblige.

And for those of you taking the subway (I did), there was a convenient stop nearby. That and a Shake Shack (delicious burgers and fries, the details of which I will save for another review).

It's not a fancy Marriott for the price, but it's New York, where your money just doesn't go that far. And if you want to save money on the internet, the lobby has it for free.

If I have to complain about anything, I'll say that the shower is too strong--it's really uncomfortably strong water pressure. But even that is a little complaint; I'd rather have it too strong than too weak.

I had an amazing time in Brooklyn with my friend, and I can't give all the credit to the Marriott. But I've already booked another stay for June...so that's a recommendation right there.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for better view.