“nice hotel”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed October 17, 2011

stayed here for 2 days to see manhattan.
The hotel is beautiful and you can take a stroll on Brooklyn bridge early in the morning.
nice location

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have a girls weekend at this Marriott. We have a lovely room with an excellent view of
the city! I will stay at this hotel again in the future!

Room Tip: Room was clean. Stay on the front side of the hotel, the view is much better!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have been staying at this 3-4 days a week while working on a project in NY. Rooms are large and the staff is friendly and first rate. Rarely do I have a problem, but when I do, they are taken care of promptly. There are plenty of great restaurants in the area, but the most of the majore subway lines are across the street so you're just a a few quick stops to Manhattan too.

Room Tip: South tower is newer (and I think, nicer), but rooms are a little smaller.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Excellent, excellent hotel. I stay at the Brooklyn Marriott 4 days a week while I work in New York and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms a very good size for New York, the beds are the best as far as comfort. Since I have a back problem the comfort of the bed is very important. The staff is just the best. They meet my every need and if a problem arises they take care of it right away. I had strept throat when I got to the hotel one night. When the waiter brought my food he asked why I didn't have some tea. I responded I wanted to save money. He brought tea right back for me. The rooms are very clean. the concierge is the best and the restaurant food is great. You can get to Manhattan in a snap and there is always cars or a bellman to get you a cab. There are also lots of things to walk to in the area around the hotel. My son is a musician and he loves staying here with me. He can walk down to trader Joe's and get some healthy snack food to have while he's here. The general manager Sam helped me to get in the hotel I wanted to stay in when I go to Ireland when the hotel was sold out. He is the greatest. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a good, safe, comfortable clean room with the best service. Can't beat it. try it, you will like it.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that give me a view of the statue of Liberty or the Brooklyn Bridge. It was wonderf...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank florasbeauty
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Half the price of Manhattan, but only a short cab ride or walk away. Stayed here for a conference. Great staff, pleasant room and very clean. Great water pressure in the shower too.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Comfortable, clean hotel. Nice sized room with king bed and good size bath. The location is great to walk across the brooklyn bridge, a must if you are a tourist (or not!).

The two things I didn't like (minor) ----

1. There aren't a lot of restaurants in the immediate area. There is Morton's steakhouse, but if you are looking for smaller, intimate or ethnic type restaurants you need to walk a bit.

2. Breakfast buffet. For $25 I would expect a free Mimosa or Bloody Mary and also expect eggs and waffles to be ready. There was one woman preparing eggs and waffles but what happens when it gets crowded? What happens when there is a line of 10 people waiting for eggs? And this woman wasn't exactly happy to be there....she was asked by someone standing near me if there were more waffles coming and she pretty much ignored the question. It wasn't until she was asked three times that she decided to give an answer - "there were waffles there but a man took both" . I wanted to say something to the woman about her manners but she was preparing my eggs and didn't want them burnt. I understand $25 per person, this is the city but I expect good service (the waiter was excellent) and I don't want to wait for my eggs or deal with a grouch. Fix that.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The hotel was clean, had a good size room, excellent parking staff, good dining, and a close walk to anywhere in downtown Brooklyn. If you need a place to stay in Brooklyn, I would highly recommend this location. You can get on the Brooklyn Bridge or Manhattan Bridge within less than 5 min., walk to most of the best places to eat in Brooklyn, walk to the Brooklyn Heights farmers market on Saturdays, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, or enjoy their indoor pool.

The staff was consistently extremely helpful and the cleaning staff always cleaned my room at the time I requested each day. The in-room dining services were excellent, and the hotel has many accommodations. I never had any problems despite multiple requests -- and never heard a neighboring room's noise.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo