New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
$199
$164
Agoda.com
2,137 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungebrooklyn bridgem clubmontague streetnew yorkborough hallshake shackjay streetlower manhattancorner roomstatue of libertyhotel restauranthigh floorparking garagefront desk staffbusiness centertimes square
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I chose this hotel for proximity to Manhattan after a meeting on Long Island and for a nice restaurant downtown. A mistake. For an outrageous $399 for a very ordinary room and ordinary hotel you would be staying in an unattractive part of New York and still have to travel 15-30' to get downtown.
So for business in Brooklyn probably OK but I am sure there are both nicer and less expensive hotels in Brooklyn; ie. with better value.
Oh, and was just bitten by a bed bug....?!!?

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Hallunder
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for a week with contingent of British Police and Families. I had requested city views for 2 rooms but only got one. Beverly and Maria on reception were very helpful and a credit to the company and the issue was resolved immediately (Thank you). Another member i want to thank is Cheryl on the front desk who was more than helpful when i was trying to sort out Airline online check in. (Thank You Cheryl). The rooms are spacious and well set out and the hotel is in a great location for experiencing cosmo Brooklyn and the fast pace of Manhattan. Onre issue i have to raise is the rudeness of some of the bar staff, I am aware that tipping is customary in the USA and i fully embrace this when visiting. I do tend to tip at the end of my drinks bill not every time a drink is poured anyway why should people tip if the service is garbage and rude,however one night (evening of 911) A barman decided he was going to make his feelings known to a large group seated near the bar. I was not in the group however i thought his comments were rude and provocative and i did have to go over and calm a few angry British Cops. Had these people not been Police i think you would have had to call them, anybody else would certainly have given him what for. The service in the bar was very poor, they would just leave you standing there for 10-15 minutes and on one occasion i just walked out and went to a bar over the road the mets game on the TV was far more important to them than serving customers. Overhaul though the Hotel is lovely and 99% of the staff helpful and friendly and to be fair for $400 dollars per night they should be. I have not let the negative experience spoil my thought on the Marriott chain i have stayed in the Times Sq marriott twice and quite a few in the UK and i do tend to favour them even tho they are a lttle pricey. Just a liitle tip to would be travellers wanting airport transfers. The front door staff can easliy arrange transfers and the prices are often cheaper than local taxi operators so dont be scared to ask them.

Room Tip: be careful when booking a city view i was in the South side and could only see the coutt buliding accross the road but this is classed as a city view because if i pressed my nose against the window i could just about see the brooklyn bridge.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mrmischiefRotherham
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel in the past and had a great experience. Unfortantualy this visit was not a repeat of that stay. Attempted to check in only to be told the room wasn't ready. As a member of the hotels priority program my priority check in wasn't honored. My husband and I then had to wait 2 1/2 hours before the room was finally ready. It was supposed to be a room with a view but we only had a view of the HVAC system. We may need to rethink where we stay when in Brooklyn.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I was the organiser for a group of 73 people, mainly British Bobbies and their family & friends. I also referred another 15 indpendent travellers attached to our group to this hotel. Altogether there were 88 of us attending New York to pay our respect to the City , the citizens and our own countrymen and women who had their lives cruelly taken 10 years ago. The service we received from the front desk , the domestic staff , the dorstaff was fantastic. HOWEVER , without doubt the worse service myself , family and friends have ever received was from the barstaff in the main bar. This is supposedly an international hotel cahin. Yet the bar seemed to change it's closing time on an almost daily basis. There was nothing in the hotel manual and nothing on the doors to the bar or on any literature within. Apparently there are published times but we were not provided with them as we arrived , actually only when we left and i complained was i presented with any such literature. As bobbies we are not drink driven but we made many great friends and invited them back to the hotel for a drink. To be told 0030hrs the bar was closed , in a City that never sleeps , was a disgrace. Fortunately we were able to take our gests elswhere. HOWEVER, it is not really the closing times that causes our group great issue. It is the attitude of certain barstaff, particularly the short , smooth headed african-american who seemed more concerned with tips rather than service. It was made clear to us all , t an eary stage , that a lack of tips led to a lack of consideration and service. Even when asked about closing times or the apparent lack of service we were ignored. I personally felt it was because we were cops and i know some of my colleagues felt the same.We had fantastic staff in the hotel who did their job without expecting anything. Here we had an individual who expected everything but gave nothing. I have been fortunate enough to travel across the world to many countries. I have met people who have represented their companies/hotels/countries/villages with great dignity and purpose. This individual has done so much to undermine the reputation of the Marriott @ Brooklyn Bridge i would not recommend you or use your hotel again in the future. One indivudual spoilt the experience and all i can see is that he was anti-police and particularly anti British Police.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This is a good, clean hotel with comfortable, large rooms. However I would only stay here if you have business in Brooklyn as it is far from central Manhattan.
The staff are friendly, the rooms spacious, clean and noise-free. The presence of a lot of cabin crew and pilots probably suggests it is a good value hotel. The restaurant is uninspiring, the only dish I liked the sound of was the burger which was great.
If you are looking for a room with a view look elsewhere but for a hotel that is right next to a metro station this is a solid choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business