“Excellent food and service”
Review of Village Cafe

Village Cafe
Ranked #882 of 6,668 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

Came here with my partner's family. The staff speak both Russian and English and have menus in both languages. We started with smoked fish and a Georgian "salad" made from eggplant, tomatoes, cilantro. For the main course, lamb kebabs-2 types. The food was absolutely amazing, fresh and flavorful. The restaurant is right next to a liquor store, which makes the BYOB policy easier. Parking directly in front of the restaurant was great. We will definitely come back our next trip to NYC.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

This is a great place for diner and lunch . super clean food and environment.
Cozy style , parking , very good price .
Byob. Liquor store next door with ooen late . i highly recommend and will come back . 5 star restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed January 3, 2016

As we got tired of going to same favorite restaurants, I asked a friend for a suggestion.
He highly recommended the Village Café as being cozy, friendly and delicious.
All that they are. Service was friendly and attentive. Food was pretty much on the level we were expecting it to be. A bit different from our regular places, but still very good.
Dishes were delivered to the table at a good pace, allowing us to digest and have a moment to chat. Alcohol is not sold on premises, so BYOB. Liquor Store is just next door, as an added convenience.
Chicken Tabaka was laces with garlic and nicely pressed, as requested.
Khash was a bit overwhelming for my tastes, but still very nice.
Piti was great.
Lobio, somehow had sautéed onions which I found unnecessary in this great Georgian dish.
The classic Herring and Potatoes hit the spot just right.
Plov with dried fruits was very nice.
Do my readers get the point?
As I mentioned earlier, I am still not sure whether I liked this place more that our regular Nargis. This place deserves another round of dishes to be sampled.
The prices are right too, by the way.

Date of visit: January 2016