“Great Fish 'n' Chips and Beer”
Review of The Chip Shop

The Chip Shop
Ranked #491 of 5,582 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I recently moved to Brooklyn Heights and was happy to find The Chip Shop around the corner from my apartment. They have a wonderful selection of 17 beers and their fish 'n' chips are fantastic - light and not greasy. Prices are good, too.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went to The Chip Shop in Brooklyn while on vacation in New York City, and I must say, the fish n' chips and the deep-fried Twix bar I had was SO good, I'd recommend going there!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

This place has an oustanding shepherds pie. I have to admitt that before eating here I never cared for the dish, too bland. I actually ordered the fish and chips. Very good. Others in our party ordered the Shepherds pie. They were nice enough to share with me after they had their fill. It was so flavorful.
Also loved the English lemonaide. It's carbonated. We had a mixture of desserts amongst us and the fried twinkie and candy bars were good. I didn't care for the apple/blackberry crumble with custard. It wasn't sweet enough for me. I think it may be because we Americans like a sweeter dessert than the English.

1  Thank packinglister
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have eaten at the 5th Ave - Park Slope branch of The Chip Shop many times over the past few years. The food and service have always been great - and comparable to the food I had in some excellent London Fish & Chips restaurants.

I usually go for the fish chowder, salad, the battered cod & chips, and some authentic English brews, which are all good choices and reasonably priced. Other dishes (Bangers & Mash, mushy peas, Shepherd's pie, and deep fried Snickers) are also available.

The place is informal, with interesting decor and photos and posters of the Beatles and other luminaries of the 1960's.

You won't go wrong here, experiencing something of the other side of the pond.

1  Thank swpop
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have heard about the Chip Shop and while visiting NYC I decided to give it a try. I couldn't decide between the fried twinkee or fried snickers so I got both. The were out of this world good. My daughter had the fried cheese cake and that was awesome as well. The prices are very reasonable but trying to find parking can take a little while. Next time am definitely going to give the rest of the menu a try

1  Thank Alandres154