“What a Find!”

Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Severn, Maryland
“What a Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We happened upon this charming place while exploring the Park Slope area, and it is the place to go for outstanding desserts and chocolate. As soon as we were seated, the server brought us each a small scoop of the homemade chocolate sorbet ... simply scrumptious! While we were deciding what to order, the server gave us a small piece of chocolate candy. It was so hot outside that we chose ice cream desserts with homemade chocolate sauce, but their cakes and other desserts were very tempting. We will definitely be back during our next visit to Brooklyn!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank karen0706

New York City, New York
“Chocolate lovers place!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

It's a place To go only for deserts and a drink. (my opinion) they do have the best chocalate deserts .I just love to go and enjoy a perfect peace of chocolate. They have so many variety to pick from. I always come back home with a cute little box full of chocalate cookies. Nice and friendly staff. Awesome place to go any time.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Geralda C
Somewhere Cold
“Best chocolate cake ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Whenever I make the trip to Brooklyn, I make sure that I stop in for the sole purpose of getting a slice of chocolate cake. I do love chocolate, but I normally stay away from chocolate cakes, because they tend to be dry, dense and not chocolatey enough (for me). This cake was heavenly. It was moist, melt in your mouth chocolate decadence. I have to stop myself from actually ordering more than once slice.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank ms_bashment
New York City, New York
“Amazing chocolaty things”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place is the BOMB for anything chocolate. You heard it right...they really do make exceptionally good chocolaty things.

So far I have tried:

THE CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE - It's a luscious three-layer blackout cake which just melts in your mouth. The big slice of cake is just awesome for chocolate lovers and perfect for sharing

BLACK BOTTOM BUTTERSCOTCH - a layer of bittersweet chocolate lies beneath creamy butterscotch custard, topped with fresh coconut whipped cream, and a chocolate wafer. The wafer adds the perfect crunch to the desert. It's definitely for someone who loves butterscotch!!

I also recently tasted one of their specials which had popcorn flavored ice cream - OMG it was the best homemade ice cream I had ever tasted- there were delicious chunks of popcorn integrated in the ice cream - I just loved this dish. Apparently they were just trying it out and am not sure if its a regular on their menu.

The chocolate room is a cozy comfortable place. Not too big so there is limited seating. You can also sit at the bar and watch them make all the deserts. They also stock chocolates from other vendors and have a large selection of everything related to chocolate. The staff is friendly and nice.

Definitely my goto place for deserts or anything chocolate. Try it out, you won't be disappointed!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Shrutikapoor
Paris, France
“Fantastic !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

It is the paradise of chocolate here ! A large choice of cakes, ice creams with topping and so one ! The ice cream was delicious and the hot chocolate was one of the best - maybe even the best - hot chocolates I'd ever tasted !! Even in Belgium and in Italy they were not as excellent as this one. The waiters were all very nice and caring, they didn't hesitate to advise us. A real pleasure !

• Visited August 2012