“Great Pizza Place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The pizza was fabulous..we had both the deep dish and the regular with various toppings and they were both delicious.The service was fine, quick but not overbearing. They have only wine and beer, both came with a little sticker shock-- but that's New York for you.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

LaVilla is our second home. We are treated like family.The food is always excellent, from the pizza to the grilled chicken with pasta to the terrific salads. All of the staff is attentive,professional, and friendly. It is consistently fabulous!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The restaurant was full, so I thought "ok, perfect, if its full, it means it's good!". The people inside seemed to be very happy. The service is wonderful, good, they are very kind!
But, let's talk about the food.
Ok, I don't want to do my typical italian food-snobbish-axed, but, really, with all the efforts I can do with the "american-italian-food", this was simply NOT GOOD AT ALL. I know all the varieties of the italian cuisine in the world: Brazilian italian cuisine, Argentinian-italian cuisine, etc. I like them all! I mean, when you do a pizza with "provolone" and all this plastics american cheeses, a LOT of fat ingredients, a LOT of meat and stuff that italians WOULD NEVER put in a pizza or in a pasta, well, WHY NOT?! I like it! That's culture, that's the mix that history makes, thats funny, people like it (as long as they don't try the real italian cuisine...), it's interesting and it's very typical from the countries where italians emigrate in the past.

But the spaghetti and the pasta we had at La Villa where just NOT TASTY, NOT SEXY, NOT GOOD, I had a "spaghetti primavera", the vegetables had no taste (they where beautiful, like plastic), it didn't seem to be cooked in olive oil (!!!), too much oil by the way, the spaghetti were not good (what brand they use? why they don't make it them selves, it's so easy! or use Barilla, at least!).
My friend had a "pasta agli spinaci": one layer of pasta, too much "oil" (?), one layer of spinach, not mixed, no interpretation, it was not a sauce, it was just "spinach on the pasta", I mean, this even my father can do! And, on the spinach... one big peace of chicken grilled on the top (the chicken was good, but if I want a grilled chicken, I will ask "give me a grilled chicken please").

Well, this is NOT italian cuisine, this is NOT italian-american food, this is simply NOT CUISINE, even not "nonna cuisine", it was not interesting, it was just bad.
Why don't you look to an italian book of receptes? Why don't you check in the internet? Why don't you use good ingredients?
We asked a white wine "of the house". They didn't know what wine was (!), the wine was bad. At the end, 45$ for the most frustrating italian restaurant ever.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

On the recommendation of co-workers, I had the "Grandma's" Pizza. Oh my goodness - some of the best pizza I have ever had! Great crust, sauce, cheese - yum! It was so good, I went back a few nights later, which was New Year's Eve and got veal parm and speghetti to go. You could tell by the piles of food going out the door how popular the place is. This meal was very good as well.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Overall I had an amazing time at La Villa. The service was definitely on point. The decor and service were awesome. However, I ordered a margarita pizza, needless to say that I have had better. It was ok but did not taste like margarita pizza. My friends ordered their grilled chicken, which I tasted n I found it quite salty. When it came down the dessert, we ordered Tartuffo ice cream which was great. Towards the end I felt rushed by the waiter..