“Summer night”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2013

July 24 Dinner

Nice little place for quiet outdoors dinner.

My daughter and I sat outdoors on a table on the side street, much quieter than the tables on Smith Street. I cannot recall the interior of the place or the decor except for the pastry case, old looking one filled with great looking pastries and desserts. Breads and other baked goods were on top and around it. I guess I was distracted.

Our waiter was attentive and courteous. Our food came out as requested, and it was delicious. It was a delightful summer evening.

Metro stations nearby -Carroll st, 2-3 blocks?, takes you to Coney island or Manhattan, also bus drives by right in front. Taxicabs drive around. We came from Manhattan with my daughter after 8pm and left after 9:30 pm and it was perfectly safe riding the subway in and out.

The Menu choices were limited. We had: Beet salad, Seared duck, Raspberry mousse, Choc mousse, Coffee, and Croissants to go. They served us some bread with olives as appetizer. We had the croissants next day and were awesome.

NO CRED CARDS except American express..... It was noted on every page of their menu...

1  Thank MITXVIII

Reviewed April 25, 2013

And almost even more importantly with an outstanding patisserie. The baked goods are available for sale to take out from an early hour.
Food is quite good; owners and food and atmosphere quite French (from Nice and Apt).
Totally comfortable. Wines are not a strong point but you'll make out ok.
Definitely easy for the Carrol Gardens, downtown Brooklyn, Park Slope neighborhoods (we're from San Francisco).

1  Thank nurealam
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Wonderful little bistro with a great bakery. The food is delicious, the service good, the hosts friendly,the prices reasonable. I've been there many times with family members and with friends

1  Thank Rina H
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I love this little place in Caroll Gardens, the almond croissant is the best I have had in the states. A wonderful place for an espresso and croissant.

1  Thank MapleMark
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Delicious food, good service, reasonable prices. All of us enjoyed our food. The pastries looked fabulous, and the chocolate almond croissant was just marvelous. My only complaint was the cold draft coming in the front door. Next time I will sit away from the door. Try this place, especially if you like great pastries.

1  Thank 974knitter