“great local bar”

Dining options: Late Night
Norwalk, Connecticut, USA
“great local bar”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

i found this place while searching the neihborhood for a decent bar to watch sporting events, and it was great. it's not a sports bar but there is ample seating in the bar area, good pub food and appetizers and several TVs around the bar.

it turned out to also be a great family lunch or dinner place too. reasonably stroller friendly, some outdoor seating in the nice weather. they even put bowls of water out for the dog crowd in the hot weather.

we always found the service to be great. i believe new ownership took over 5 or 6 years ago and they were always very friendly and attentive - management stopped by the tables on many of our visits to see if all was well.

• Visited April 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Sangria was Delightful”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My date and I had a decent meal as usual and sat for a while sipping the red and white sangrias for both of us, delish. The customer service I really never have to complain the food so far so good.. so Thank you very much for a pleasant experience.

Visited May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service, Nasty Owners”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had the worst service of my life here. They never brought my burger, brought us the wrong salad, argued that we had ordered something we hadn't, brought the wrong dressing after fixing the salad, and were obnoxious about it when we complained. I will never go back.

• Visited April 2012
Forest Hills, New York
“Spacious bar/restaurant with nice, aged atmosphere”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place is a large, nice looking tavern, with aged brick and rust painted walls. There are several televisions at the front of the restaurant near the bar, but they are not visible from the back area where I seated myself.

I ordered "Mini Chicken Taco Rolls" as an appetizer ($9) and shepherd's pie ($11 on the lunch menu). I washed it down with Bud Light draft ($4).

The taco rolls were great but I found them a bit expensive for what I got. The appetizers are on the expensive side as they were almost as expensive as - or, in some cases, more expensive than - the main courses.

The shepherd's pie was good but unlike any I've ever had before. Instead of minced meat mixed with veggies, it was like a beef stew under the potatoes. I usually eat shepherd's pie with a fork but needed a large spoon with this one, and I could have used a straw for much of it.

I'll be coming back for lunch but will probably skip the appetizer.

Visited July 2012
Brooklyn, NY
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Mullane's has great food and great atmosphere. Very casual bar/grill atmosphere. Lots of TVs and a projector screen to watch games/matches that are on. Mini chicken taco appetizers are great. My husband enjoyed the shrimp bisque. Definitely stop in for a laid back dinner.

Visited January 2012