“Very Good Overall - Great Sushi”
Review of Yamato Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yamato Restaurant
Ranked #1,634 of 6,577 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street and Garfield Place
Transit: Grand Army Plaza (2, 3, 4) 7 Av (F, G) 7 Av (B, Q)
Reviewed July 21, 2016

I recently ate at this restaurant while visiting Brooklyn. It was a friend's recommendation and he eats here fairly regularly. The sushi was excellent and the service was very good. It's a small storefront spot and was even fairly busy on a Tuesday evening. I would definitely recommend if you're in the area. Metered parking out front.

Reviewed December 26, 2014

We ate here with a couple of HS friends who live in the neighborhood and whom I had not seen for at least thirty years. The place was blessedly quiet and good for chatting, easy to just linger and schmooze for a couple of hours. Those eating included younger couples and families as well as us old folks. I ate the walnut crusted brook trout main dish; the menu offered a choice of jasmine rice or brown rice but it came atop a bed of wild rice which was quite nice. An excellent dish. Others in our party has sushi which they reported was good, and certainly plentiful: portions were quite large for the price. I give only three stars instead of four because the one of us who had a dim sum box reported that the dim sum were greasy and just not that good. So maybe, stick to the Japanese part of the menu and skip the dim sum.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I love this restaurant. it has a beutiful indoor space. It just makes you relax and feel calm. It also has a wonderful outside garden space too. The waiter service is attentive without being overwhelming. The sushi is absolutely delicious. It makes you realize you have not been eating anything of quality until you got to Yamato. The prices are very good and worth it! THis is a great Brooklyn spot!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

On my recent visit to this restaurant, we ordered seaweed salad, two types of chef's rolls and miso soup. Very very tasty food, but not very cheap. Enjoyed it and I liked the atmosphere.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Moved into the neighborhood recently was craving a great sushi place. Well we found it. Not only the prix fixe a great deal, the menu is excellent. Been here with my wife and with a large group and each time the service was fast and efficient and food delicious. The best part is that you don't need to wait for a special occasion as the prices are very reasonable. The only downside is that in my neighborhood parents LOVE to introduce their toddlers to sushi. So try not to get there too early or you will be sharing your soy sauce with cries, screeches and flying chopsticks. But that's not the restaurant's fault. AND their delivery is nearly as good as eating in...