“The Place for Indian Food in Bay Ridge”

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #335 of 5,419 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Indian
Brooklyn, New York
“The Place for Indian Food in Bay Ridge”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

“Great Indian Food in the Heart of Bay Ridge”
5 of 5 starsReviewed January 11, 2014 NEW
My family and I have eaten here several times and this past New Year's Eve, just my wife and I. As always, the staff are very friendly and accommodating. I am in a wheelchair and the place was packed...yet they found and made room at a nice table for us. Even though I haven't tried every item on the menu, I can tell you that the many dishes, breads, appetizers, drinks and desserts I had were absolutely DELICIOUS. All of the main dishes are spiced very nicely and smell fantastic...and are so tasty. The menu is very descriptive so there won't be any surprises. The decor is nice and comforting and there is plenty of space between tables so you won't feel cramped. The waiters are very helpful if you have any questions and you are not rushed. The price is very, very reasonable. I never felt that I was getting "ripped off". I would give this restaurant a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ross T

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Indian Food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This has been my go to Indian place for the last few years. I'm no expert but the food is tasty (and not oily like Indian food can be). Service staff is friendly and quick.
The prices are very reasonable. I definitely recommend this place.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Alex L
New York City, New York
“Not.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As with India Passage, the food is really forgettable and bland. I realize that the owners are probably dumbing down the food because they think the "whiteys" can't take the heat. I can take the heat, and I would like it with flavour, please. I miss authentic South Indian cuisine, and unless I make it myself (it takes me 3 days to make a developed hot flavour-rich curry), it seems I'll never be able to go out and be served it.

We had asked for the kitchen to make it the "real" way. Hah. They dumped extra chili powder on it. Just more hot, but no flavour. I can do that at home, so what. They think everyone who is not Indian is stupid I guess. It is a shame, because I think it they really took the time to make the real yummy hot spicy flavourful deal, they would have alot more people coming out for them. I know I would be a loyal patron if they did.

Unless they start putting real authentic heat, spice, and flavour into their food, I'll never have a reason to go there again.

• Visited October 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Best Indian ever had. Period.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My favorite cusuine is Indian.

This is by far the best. Food is always yummy and fresh. We've dined in and they usually give you a free app. Not sure if they do anymore because now we order in. It seems huge when we order in- its already big when we ate in house- now imagine it's even bigger when we take out. It's always hot when it arrives, too.

Outrageous.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank nicole z
NY,NY
“Indian food with ambiance”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a friend and was surprised to see that it was packed on a Wednesday nite. Even though the restaurant was busy the service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and also gave us some good recommendations on what to order. They offer combinatin dinners which are very reasonably priced and give you ALOT of food. They only offer beer and wine at this restaurant but the wine they serve which is supposedly the house wine was pretty decent. Plus where can you get a glass of wine with dinner for $3.95? The ambiance is very nice and warm. They are also very enthusiastic when celebrating a birthday. Someone at the other table was celebrating and they turn the lights down, hit the disco lights and disco balls, play some funky kind of music and come out singing. It was hysterical and we thought that was great. Definitely try this place...it is great!

• Visited January 2013