“Delicious Indian Food in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn”

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #403 of 5,486 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Visited with family friends, including 2 children & 2 teens. The restaurant was very hospitable, including to the children. The tables are set with linen table cloths and napkins. There is lovely Indian decor and music (which I like as it sets the tone of the experience.) We started with mimosas (fried dough with vegetable or lamb - we had both. There are 2 per order. They are very tasty and served with 3 different, spicy sauces. For entrees we had chicken teka, lamb teka, and a fancy rice with chicken mixture (like Indian fried rice.) The teka dishes were served with delicate jasmine rice. We asked for mild spice, which was pleasant and not too hot. It was a lovely and delicious dinner.

1  Thank DrKatieRN

Reviewed September 28, 2012

You will experience an ambience (decor, music, and customer service) that is coupled with deliciously tasteful food to leave you well satisfied. They make it difficult for my wife and I to eat Indian food elsewhere. Their prices are very reasonable as well.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband has been living in Bay-ridge for over 7 years, and has never eaten at this restaurant until June-2012. I randomly said I want to try Indian food and I did my google research and this restaurant popped up. We've had a lot of food trouble in Bay-ridge so we were surprised to see the great reviews of this restaurant. We travel to Park Slope or Carroll Gardens for dinner most weekend nights, however, this is our new spot for sure!

Our first time there I at the vegetable curry because I don't like too much meat, and it was insanely good. We went there the following weekend BOTH Saturday and Sunday night, and I ate the Okra & tomato dish and then the chana masala (chickpea dish)...BOTH INCREDIBLE.

Not only is the food spectacular and fresh, but the service is so attentive. I drink so much water and never once was my glass empty. They're always checking on you and making sure everything is okay, but know when to give you your space, too.

Great place, great indian food, great service, great prices, and great atmosphere. Plus, it's 3 blocks away! This is our new spot in Bay-ridge.... surprisingly it's so good considering we've tried so many other restaurants CLOSE-BY that have been pretty yucky.

Very happy to find this one. Going to take my family there within the next few weeks. YUM!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Brewster, New York
Reviewed December 21, 2008

I'm a bit disappointed here. The flavors were not as multidimensional as I was hoping. There achar is good, as well as their breads. I need to try it a few more times to be sure.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Excellent food, great value, very good service

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook