“Best breafast spot. I miss candied bacon... drool”
Review of Egg

Egg
Ranked #27 of 5,459 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Originally read up on Egg on the internet. Sounded like a popular well recommended brunch spot. There was a sign up wait list sheet. Wait wasn’t too bad as most people end up leaving. The venue is long and narrow, so there’s not much seating. So many things on the menu I wanted to try. French inspired but not over priced. I ordered the Eggs Rothko with candied bacon as my meat side. The egg in the brioche was perfect. The yolk oozed out and the cheese and brioche was there to soak it up. And the crunchy savoury sweet candied bacon was exactly the way I imagined it to be. Tried some of my friends biscuit and that was definitely on point too. I still drool and daydream about this dish and place. I’ll be back…one day.

There are newer reviews for Egg

Reviewed September 27, 2013

It was the first time for us there last week. It was a beautiful day, so we could actually enjoy the out door seating. We all had a great breakfast. Others seem to like it as well. Be prepared to wait a little....it's worth it so.

1  Thank Tom E
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had heard that this was one of the best breakfast places so we walked the bridge over from Manhattan. Good egg dishes, biscuits and gravy, and fresh squeezed juices - worth the trip!

1  Thank TXMARTINS
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The usual eggs - but with a southern twist - grits, biscuits abd ham or home made sausage. I had the over easy egg in Brioche with cheese and a fried tomato relish. Fresh and natural ingredients, welk prepared. We liked the early opening -7:00 am.
TIP - bring cash /they don't take credit cards. Good coffee -french press, but no lattes.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I loooovvveee the food at this breakfast nook! Although the atmosphere was a hole in the wall...the awesome food made me forget where I was. Now i understand why the waiting line was so long

1  Thank Foypj