“We made it”

The Smoke Joint
Ranked #122 of 5,322 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“We made it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We traveled to Brooklyn from Vancouver Canada on Jan 21st of this year. I am a big foodie and I love the food channel. When I found out we could walk to this restaurant from my moms house on Pacific st. around 4th and Atlantic ave, I was thilled to bits. My partner and I went for lunch and there was a line up but so.....what, it happens in a great place. This place has something special going on with not only the food but the staff and the whole feel of the place. I myself own a restaurant and this is what people look for. Thank you for the experiance, look forward to more great food and sevice soon.

2 Thank LaVerne E

“bbq treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

so none nyc, all wood all good, we had two trips there, , everithing was very good , i enjoyed the drink menu in particular....mac & cheese, , hot dog, & half a rack of ribs later- cant eait till my next visit to nyc...

2 Thank isaac1122
New York City, New York
“The Smoke Joint.... i miss you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The only thing I regret is NOT trying their ribs so with that said, I'll be back very soon. I had their fried shrimp, mac & cheese and potato salad. The shrimp was ok. Their mac & cheese stole the show (from the shrimp, of course)!!! I remember dipping my fork into the mac, picking it up and the cheese stretching upward by at least 3 inches. *sigh* I wannntttt.... oh and lastly the potato salad. Probably the best I've ever had. Super flavorful, perfectly cooked and they used red skinned potatos. Woot. Freakin. Woot.!

Overall, I'd definitely revisit the Smoke Joint.

FYI - Guy Fieri was just there shooting DDD, so keep a look out for this spot on the Food Channel.

Yummo!

3 Thank BonnieBaby143
Bend, Oregon
“Another find the locals keep to themselves.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This little BBQ place in Fort Green is a great value as well as excellent smoked meats and sides. Worth a ride over from Manhattan. Only a block from the subway station.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank rfp36
Forest Hills, New York
“Wood Shack Atmosphere with Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place may be a bit of a dump, but it's by design: They've gone for a run-down-shack-in-the-woods ambiance, and they've succeeded. Except that there are no woods. Instead of woods, you have a view of Fowler Square and the "Brooklyn Plaza Medical Center" out the window.

I had tried a half-rack of pork ribs the last time I was here. They were very good, but today I went for the $10 lunch special (it's not on the menu - the waitress told me about it): choice of wings or any sandwich with fries for $10.

I had the sweet chicken wings and they were really delicious. The fries were spiced up and really good too. They were so tasty there was no need for ketchup.

Pros: 1) great tasting food; 2) Fast service

Cons: 1) The cutlery wasn’t very clean (no big deal since I ate with my hands); 2) The place has the ambiance of a run-down-shack-in-the-woods, without the woods.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JamieNYC

Been to The Smoke Joint? Share your experiences!