“Excellent - No Hype”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went for Saturday lunch. During the half hour wait, we thought perhaps it was hype. This place is no hype at all, its fantastic. The butter pecan doughnuts are spectacular. the fried chicken is the best we ever had.

Walked back to Manhattan which was a very nice stroll after eating so much. We definitely recommend and will return.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I loved Pies 'n' Thighs. I wish we had one in England. The chicken was so so good, and I tried my first 'biscuit' (yum)! Service very friendly and a really nice atmosphere, would recommend anyone to trek out of Manhattan to find this place.

Unfortunately I was too full from my chicken to try any pie... They looked great though, maybe next time!

2  Thank unicorn07
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

After hearing about this diner/cafe we were forced to make the trip down. Loved the fried chicken and Mac and cheese that you could tell had the slightest hint of Tabasco was out of this world. It's a place for a true foodie. Don't let the casual picnic like style or dreadlocks scare you off, the foods good, servers friendly and the place is incredibly clean! It's not open 23 hours a day as we found out the hard way at 1am and good luck trying to get a cab on that block. Luckily we drove down and stopped in earlier so even tho the 1am run didn't pan out, we had the chance to try both the thighs and pies!

2  Thank travelgirl2581
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was really eager to try this restaurant after seeing it reviewed on the Food Network. I am sorry to report that I was really disappointed in my meal. The fried chicken, while piping hot and juicy, was so salty that it was almost inedible. I'm sure this was a prep accident and not the usual recipe, but it still assaulted my tastebuds. I love a good biscuit, but theirs was not - it was served stone cold. Was this an oversight? Mac and Cheese - just "meh." The cornbread was too dry. The tart cherry pie was good, but not exciting enough that would make me return or recommend to others. With so many restaurants to choose from in Brooklyn; this one does not rate a second visit. Thumbs up for its charming atmosphere and good service.

2  Thank Arbek
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We came to Pies-n-Thighs before browsing around Williamsburg for the first time. I had a delicious biscuit-egg-cheese sandwich and my boyfriend was raving about the chicken and waffles.

1  Thank Cathy C