“Comfortable, Great Service, Excellent Food and Prices”
Review of Song

Song
Ranked #325 of 5,364 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Mesa, Arizona
“Comfortable, Great Service, Excellent Food and Prices”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

From the outside you would never guess it was as big inside. The night we visited, they were very busy and we did have to wait for maybe 15 minutes. It certainly was worth the wait. My standard is usually Pad Thai as so many places fail at making this dish correctly, but Song came through with flying colors! And the portion size was definitely enough for two! Prices were fantastic and the service prompt and friendly. Everyone else were very happy with their meals with no complaints whatsoever. This place will be a definite next visit to NY...Actually planning to surprise my husband for his birthday!

• Visited August 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
“WARNING – Their food is addictive”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Overly trendy, just know that going in. Fitting with that, there are no signs outside the restaurant and the interior feels cold / hard. They also love to play trendy music a bit too loud; you will have to say “what” a lot and shout a bit to have a conversation. You can imagine what’s it’s like to order take away over the phone, lot’s of “what’s” on both ends.

That said, their food it almost as good as what I ate in Southeast Asia and blows away any other Thai restaurant in NYC. I have tried several of their dishes, though always return to the Panang curry. It's better than any other I have had in New York. Their spring rolls are also delicious, crispy, light…and come in pairs (great to share) with a fantastic dipping sauce. Their Thai Iced Tea is fantastic in the summer, again similar to what I had in South East Asia, especially when sitting in the outdoor courtyard. They also have daily specials to switch things up a bit.

If you eat there you can watch them cook from your seat, you can actually feel the heat from the periodic bursts of flames if you sit close enough (which I think they do for effect). The customer service leaves something to be desired; if you can get past that and the trendiness, it’s well worth it. Every single person I have ever brought to this place has been hooked and abandoned their old Thai restaurant, do not visit unless you are okay with needing to eat here at least once per week. Given their popularity they now have two other restaurants (Joya and National), though Song is still my favorite.

They are reasonably priced given the quality of the food (and the trendiness), though bring cash as they do not accept credit cards.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank IchBesorgeDasBier
New York City
“FAVORITE Thai place”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I live in Brooklyn and we've tried other places, (Born, Klong, etc) but I always come back to Song. Not only is it a good bang for your buck the food really is that good! I always get the Massaman Curry with chicken - peanut sauce with coconut milk in a mild curry, a-mazing! Dishes are only like $8.

• Visited October 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Thai Food in a nice ambience”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a great neighbourhood restaurant. We sat outdoors, and the atmosphere was very chilled out and cool. The food was great. I am obsessed with Pad Thai and have had it in so many Thai Restaurants. This was among the top Pad Thai's I have ever had.
I would definately go back.

• Visited November 2011
Eugene, Oregon
“Crowded just enough, great food, fabulous evening!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

It was a hot night mid-August but the staff was right there and we ate really well. Outside seating looks most desirable, but we had a better view of the wonderful kitchen activities from inside, about the middle of the room. I highly recommend the green chile with chicken. Yum.

• Visited August 2012