“Very pleasantly suprised...”

Fushimi Japanese Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Fushimi Japanese Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,032 of 5,362 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 93rd and 94th
Transit: Bay Ridge - 95 St (R) 86 St (R)
Hershey, PA
“Very pleasantly suprised...”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Fushimi last weekend at the Bay Ridge location. He had been there for dinner with a work colleague a few months before and really liked it. Upon entering, you notice a very "eclectic" but fun interior design. The hostess was so friendly and welcoming...which was a preview to the excellent service we received throughout the entire dinner. We arrived around 6:00pm for an early dinner (by NYC standards) and had no problem getting a seat without a reservation. Things did pick up as we were leaving, so if you plan to go anytime after 7:30, a reservation would be a good idea.

They have a very good selection of coctails, several Asian-inspired. I had the Lychee bellini which was great. We had the shumai and calamari appetizers..very fresh with great sauces. My husband had a unique sushi roll and I ordered the shrimp and lobster dinner. While it was not what I would consider Asian-inspired, it was absolutely delicious...excellent quality seafood in a butter sauce with corn and sliced finerling potatoes.

I am often skeptical about Asian fusion restaurants, they do a really nice job a Fushimi. We hope to get there again soon.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank kidzeyedoc

Morgantown, West Virginia
“Beautiful Atmosphere/Amazing Food”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

7 of us went to this restaurant (5 adults and 2 children). We went to their Williamsburg, Brooklyn NY one. When you walk inside, it's just beautiful. It has a large bar and the entire bar is lit up and the wall behind the bar is glass filled with wine bottles. It has all kinds of intricate glass chandeliers and beads pretty flowers and what looks like a light tunnel that leads to the bathrooms. You walk into the bathroom sitting area and to me it's like for royalty and the bathrooms are individual doors that lead into what looks like other rooms but those are the actual separate bathrooms. The sinks are lit up as well and so are partitions, etc. throughout the restaurant. Besides how pretty it is, the food was amazing. Three of us ordered the combined dinner,the 4 course dinner for one price for all. The lobster broth soup was amazing and the steak I had was amazing. Everyone else loved their food as well. Two people ordered sushi. The adult loved his sushi and my young son enjoyed his sushi but they both agreed the seaweed was a little bit chewy. In fact, my son choked on it and we had to cut up the sushi rolls for him. But flavor was really good and he finished eating the rest. My daughter had the lobster crab bisque. My littlest daughter is only 4 and picky so she didn't really want anything from there so we figured we might be safe in ordering her the fingerling potatoes. Although we all agreed that all the food was amazing tasting, we all also agreed that the potatoes were the only thing that to us didn't make any sense on how they were cooked and tasted and they just didn't fit in with everything else. My daughter didn't eat them and neither did we. We ended up getting her an appetizer of bruschetta with goat cheese and she loved that. It was very pricey but very good. I took a bunch of pictures and will add to this post.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank trini s
Forest Hills, New York
“Fine Japanese fare in an Interesting, if a bit odd, environment”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The interior of this place is certainly interesting, if a bit confused and tacky. It looked like it had been decorated by a magic-mushroom-munching Las Vegas interior designer who was on an Atlantic City budget. The most interesting part were the booths to the right when you first enter the dining area, each with a huge photo of a Geisha to watch over you.

The “five course” (a bit of a stretch) lunch prix-fixe is a good deal: For $12, I had a miso soup, house salad, rib-eye steak teriyaki, shrimp shumai and cup of green tea. The food was all very good.

All in all, an enjoyable lunch experience.

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellent food and hangout spot”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went on a Saturday night to have drinks. The place is divided into two after hours. I am not sure if they do this every night, but on Saturday, the bar area is cleared of all tables and chairs to make it a lounge area. The staff is very friendly and helpful, but it get really overcrowded.

The decor is beautiful. The had an excellent DJ. The only bad thing is the drinks, it is very weak and not cheap.

At around 1AM, we went into the back, to sit down for some food and was told that they only serve sushi rolls and appetizers as the entre chef left for the night. We order several rolls and some appetizers and it was excellent.

I would definitely go there again for the food.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Padmini S
Port Washington, New York
“Great Mango Sangrias”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Love the place on Driggs Avenue in Brooklyn, NY. The music was very eclectic overhead, as I sipped on my Mango Sangrias (delish)!! The place is big, and very colorful. The food looks awesome as well. I didn't get a chance to eat, but will be back to do so.

• Visited August 2012