“Great Dinner Prior to Barclay's”

Alchemy Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #286 of 5,320 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Alchemy Restaurant & Tavern is a friendly neighborhood pub in Brooklyn serving delicious new American cuisine, local draft beers, and crafted cocktails. Come to us for a low-key dinner and casual hang out with dishes like our Gorgonzola walnut ravioli, the house made veggie burger, or our classic Alchemy fish and chips. We offer a weekend brunch with entrees created using organic eggs from Lancaster County and organic fair trade coffee from Counter Culture Coffee. Try our eggs Benedict, the huevos rancheros, or our famous chorizo eggs with jalapeno grits. Our cozy restaurant has indoor dining with TVs by the bar and a large projector screen for special events. We also have a private back patio for you to enjoy those gorgeous Brooklyn days and nights with a group of friends, family, or your special someone. Your complete satisfaction is our top priority here at Alchemy. The dark wood, refurbished antique bar, exposed brick, & friendly service combine to create a welcome atmosphere where you can enjoy anything from a relaxed pint to a four course meal.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Dinner Prior to Barclay's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Several of us had dinner here before attending a basketball game at Barclay's. It's only a few blocks from the arena and offered a good, reasonable menu. It's not a large restaurant, but it is a nice blend of locals and tourists.

• Visited November 2012

Phoenix, Arizona
“Breakfast Extrodinaire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you are a bloody mary aficionado, they do a great job. The bread pudding is amazing... They use the chocolate croissants from the day before to make it.

I had the Swiss breakfast. WOW. At first it sounded a bit odd, but I like each of the ingredients, just never thought of them together. Fantastic.

Atmoshpere is great too. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Comaaz
Forest Hills, New York
“Warm Old Tavern Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I had lunch here today and ordered the "Gorgonzola Walnut Ravioli" ($15) from the lunch menu and washed it down with a glass of Sly Fox Pixieland Pilsner ($6) that was on tap.

I enjoyed the ravioli although I found the beer a bit stronger than I excpected.

When I was here for lunch a few weeks ago, I had Alchemy's "Grass Fed Angus Burger" for $14 and a bottle of Amstel Light for $6. The burger came with fries and a small amount of salad.

The burger was very good (I removed the "shallot confit" and added ketchup) and the fries were fantastic. The fries had just the right touch of grease.

They've done a great job with this place recreating a late 19th century tavern look, with wood bar, tables and booths, brick walls, and antique-looking lights hanging down from the ceiling.

The music being piped during today's lunch varied from 50s country to 80s New Wave, and they even played a French pop song.

Although I dined indoors, Alchemy has outdoor seating in the backyard when (as today) weather allows.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank JamieNYC
Brooklyn, New York
“I actually liked it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I just came home from having brunch at Alchemy and we really liked the food and the outdoor space was nice as well. I only give it 4 because I've only tried their brunch but we will definitely go back for dinner and report our findings ;-). I had the sweet guinness pancakes and it had a great selection of fruits - not just canalope and a few blueberries - it had blueberries, strawberries, grapes, apples and pears. The eggs tasted fresh and didn't need added salt or pepper. I usually have a complaint with my food, too greasy, too much butter, too sweet/salty... but not today I ate everything. My boyfriend had the tofu omelet and he also ate every bit on his plate. He's not a picky as me but none the less he give it 2 thumbs up.

They also have a good selection of beers.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Celster1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Woderful Sunday breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Good food cute atmosphere in great neighborhood. Traditional options as well as tofu or soy alternatives.

Visited January 2012