“Da Best!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is a mix of old Brooklyn and new Brooklyn. Great pizza and do NOT forget the calzone. yes, it is hard to get into, isn't that the same for anything that is this good? Be wise and you will get in and really enjoy yourself. We do come here regularly and when I can not get in I go to his brothers place, Giuseppina's, in Park Slope.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My family and I have been going to Lucali for years. It is our go to pizza and calzone place. We have eaten at the best pizza places in NYC and nothing tops this place. The owner (Mark) and his staff are great. It is hard to get into because the place is small so you must bring your patience but it is a must do for everyone (native NYers like myself and tourists).

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Both the pizza (pepperoni) and calzone that we ordered were off the charts good! So tasty! The only downsides are that things are expensive and there is a HUGE wait to get to get in. But at least they call you when they're ready for you. So i suggest catching happy hour somewhere on Smith street while you wait. Also, its cool that this place is BYOB

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Certainly the best pizza I have had in a while. If you are traveling to NY from Europe you might not consider a pizza in Brooklyn, and that would be a mistake. The pizza here is up there among the very best. The thin crust is delightfully light and the fresh toppings come through the tomato and cheese base with great aroma and texture.

The restaurant is not big and you'll generally find a queue of people waiting. Inside your choice is simple, pizza (pie) or calzone, with a pick from 6-7 toppings. We managed two pizza between the four of us and the two boys could maybe have had a slice extra, but that would have been out of greediness.

I've tried a few acclaimed pizzeria in Italy and around Europe, but would be challenged to say this one does not rank up there with the best. Over 6000km from the pizza motherland, Lucali does the homeland proud.

Note: they do not serve any alcohol, so head down the street and buy a bottle before visiting. They will provide glasses :)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

After a year long wait, I finally made it to this little spot tonight. I arrived at 7:45 and was told the wait would be an hr and half. The wait was expected so I strolled over a few blocks down to pick up some wine (how can you not when it's byob?!). Waited maybe another 20 minutes after I picked up my wine (they chilled it) and I was told we would be seated. Perfect! Our order was taken promptly and within 10 minutes, a large piping hot pie topped with mushrooms, basil, and minced garlic was placed in front of us. I devoured three slices in no time. Very fresh ingredients and perfectly thin crust. It was delicious. We couldn't finish the last two slices and I ended up wrapping it to go (midnight snack - yes!!).

They were also doing take outs tonight and the wait was around 15 minutes (not bad at all!!). Cash only!