“Unbelievably Horrible service- unprofessional and Overpriced!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brooklyn, New York
“Unbelievably Horrible service- unprofessional and Overpriced!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a pizza and when we got there to pick it up- the hostess asked us if we wanted to sit down because there were open tables and she said pizza was ready.

We sat- waited for pizza......

Another couple came in 5 min later and another 5 minutes passed- out pizza never arrived BUT for some reason or another the couple that came in after us got a pizza- OUR pizza.

People that work here are not the brightest

Pizza is overpriced anyways. Won't ever go back. Shady area, too. Very creepy.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank nicole z

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing pizza and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went with a friend and had an amazing experience. One thing to know is it is cash only. The pizza came out fast and the Nutella/honey calzone was AMAZING. Looking forward to going to the Miami location as well! Highly recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank D C
New York City, New York
“The BEST PIZZA i've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This restaurant is absolutely worth the wait, as it turns pizza into an art form. Truly the best pizza i've had in a long time and maybe the best pizza I will ever have. I went there last night and it is now an instant favorite for me. We ordered the Margarita Pizza with Basil and Garlic and it was perfectly cooked with the perfect amount of cheese and sauce. It was so light and airy just perfect. We also ordered a pepperoni calzone which was simply amazing. The waitress recommended we try their dessert which is ricotta cheese stuffed in their pizza dough covered in honey Nutella and powered sugar, it was incredible. The ambience of this restaurant truly adds to the experience as everything is candle lit. The restaurant is extremely warm and cozy, perfect for a first date or a romantic evening. The owner was there the whole evening and made sure everything was perfect, he even greeted us on the way out and made sure we enjoyed everything. If you appreciate pizza the way I do then this should be an absolute must try but I must warn you once you do, you will never look at your old favorite pizzeria the same way again! 5 Stars all the way!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank DA2311
Manila, Philippines
“Worth all patience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Love!
The place looked so cozy that I would love to dine inside. However, I didn't expect the long wait that would render one impossible to get in so I have to resort for take out. While it was not ideal to sit aside freezing in the cold, the wait was worth it! The pizza was still in its chewy form even if it was already in a box and took 30-45 minutes to get back home. Purely love! <3 The price can be hefty but the taste compensated for the price. ($26, 2012 price)

Tip - do call to reserve for a seat because it is impossible to just walk-in. I encountered a fellow "diner-to-be" who already went back 3x yet was not able to secure a seat. BYOB is ok.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Pizza Fantastica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Yep, THEE BEST PIZZA I've certainly ever had. It's been two years since my trip to New York and I still have days when I sit and just think about the pizza. It really is worth the wait. I was fortunate and used the, "I came all the way from South Africa for the pizza", which got my friends and I a good table. However, if not fortunate enough to be from South Africa, I suggest just standing in-line and when you do eventually sit down for the awesome pizza... well there are no words. I had the "JZ" pizza. Very simple, but definitely nothing simple about the taste.

Am counting down the days, weeks, months and hopefully not years, when I will next enjoy another bite of Lucali's heavenly pizza, the pizza for the gods.

What passion and great abilities to be able to create such incredible food. Fantastica!

• Visited April 2012