“Nice ambiance, friendly staff, but not great food :(”
Review of Amira's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I really wanted to be blown away, but I wouldn't return to Anthony's, unfortunately. It wasn't awful, but I know you can do Italian food much better. They were out of one of their specials AND one of their desserts, and they didn't tell us that until we had our hearts set on that item (particularly the Nutella Cake...) so that created a feeling of disappointment. Beyond that, the staff were very friendly. My husband got a pizza, and he said it was pretty good. I, however, got the manicotti...and it was actually cold on the inside. Even if it had been cooked throughout, it would have been a ho hum manicotti. They are fond of using blue cheese in their recipes, which could be a good thing if you like blue cheese (I don't mind it, but my sister hates it.) The salads were quite good (and HUGE!) and we really liked the bread. The glasses they served the wine in were strangely small. If I lived nearby, I might keep it on the list for delivered pizza, but it isn't a "nice dinner out" kind of place. Like I said, it wasn't awful, just kinda "meh".

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Anthony's is a great place , if you are in Brooklyn . Food is wonderful. Place is small , but that's ok . Not a lot if clatter around you.. We have visited here a number of times and have not been disappointed . If you decide to go , please try their homemade fresh cannoli . Hmmmmm

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I ate at this restaurant last Saturday and I can say I was pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent. My server was very nice, prompt and attentive. The food was delicious and reasonably priced for Park Slope standards. I higly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Went to dinner with my husband there this past Friday night. The restaurant was busy but they were able to accomodate us. We had a Groupon voucher which covered one appetizer, two entrees and a glass of wine each. We were able to chose from most everything on the menu. We chose stuffed mushrooms for our appetizer and though it was $12 extra we order one of the daily appetizer specials, stuffed lotus flowers. We did enjoy both very much and we were glad we ordered the lotus flowers but probably won't do that again as it was really just a few bites each. For our main course I had shrimp fra diavolo (with baby clams) and my hubby had a veal al forno. We chose pasta over the vegetable options. We both enjoyed our meals very much. There was plenty (we took some home) and they came out piping hot. Service was very good as well. It costed us another $40 above the price of the voucher because of the additional entree, the tax and tip but we really did enjoy. We will be back.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

One of my favorite places in all of Brooklyn. Great wait staff. Great food. Affordable wines.