“Wonderful restaurant - great food, great service”
Review of Dressler - CLOSED

Dressler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bedford and Driggs
Transit: J-M-Z Subway to Marcy Avenue (1st stop in Brooklyn); L Subway to Bedford (1st stop in Brooklyn)
NYC
“Wonderful restaurant - great food, great service”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Dressler is a really great restaurant. It's pricey, but you get what you pay for in terms of food and service. All the servers are really friendly and helpful. The food is delicious and the portions are correctly sized (always a feat in more upscale NYC restaurants). The atmosphere is perfect for a night out... busy and energetic, but not too loud. The restaurant itself is beautiful. Always a treat to dine there!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank sommer9

Troy, Michigan
“If dinner conversation is important to you, don't bother.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food is excellent, the decor lovely, the service very good; however the entire experience was ruined by the loud music blaring over our table. It made dinner conversation impossible. I asked the waiter if anything could be done (we had to shout at each other to be heard while having this conversation) and they did turn it down for awhile, yet as soon as our main course was complete, back up it went. Dessert conversation had to be shouted and I was very anxious to leave just to get away from it. Now I understand that being in my fifties makes me more sensitive to this, but my four twenty-something children all thought it was too much as well. Maybe they were trying to push us out because it was getting late, but if they don't want to be serving people at 11:30 pm, then they shouldn't take reservations for 10:30. It's really a shame because this could be such a nice restaurant, but I cannot recommend it because the noise is just not conducive to a relaxing dinner. And really, is there anyone who won't return to a good restaurant because the dinner music is soft enough to allow for conversation? Yet they have lost my business because the opposite is true.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank peglegdebs
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent choice for a Special Birthday Celebration.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked this Restaurant from Australia because of all the great reviews I had read. I wanted a special Restaurant for my husband's Birthday while we were visiting New York. I was delighted at the level of service we received. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We were both thrilled at our dining experience at Dressler restaurant. It was the right choice for this special occasion.

• Visited October 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Worth Leaving Manhattan”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

On the edge of gentrified Williamsburg Brooklyn, Dressler has established itself as a prime example of modern dining combining market fresh ingredients, inventive preparation and personal service. The environment has a whimsical feel with intricately cut steel fleur-de-lis patterns that on closer examination incorporate Alice in Wonderland images. Like Alice your culinary trip down the rabbit hole will yield unexpected parings and leave changed about your perceptions of Brooklyn cuisine. Brunch is my personal favorite as it is somewhat less esoteric and the preparation is always perfect.

• Visited September 2012
charleston,wv
“elegant dining”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went to Dressler on a Sunday evening and was impressed by the simlple elegance, crisp friendlyservice and imaginative, if somewhat limited menu...which means what they do fix is excellent! A great place for that special dinner!

Visited October 2012