“Wowed Friends With Dinner at Dressler”
Review of Dressler - CLOSED

Dressler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bedford and Driggs
Transit: J-M-Z Subway to Marcy Avenue (1st stop in Brooklyn); L Subway to Bedford (1st stop in Brooklyn)
Brooklyn,N.Y.
“Wowed Friends With Dinner at Dressler”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We decided to treat our best friends for dinner. They are foodies , so we knew they would love Dressler. Drag the city people to Brooklyn. The were totally wowed by the experience. The best meal they ever had! It was a Friday night and I had made reservations. The three people at the door were super friendly , we all felt so comfortable immediately. It's visually a gorgeous restaurant. Our waiter was very nice. But the food was incredible! All our appetizers were yummy!
I had the diver scallops with Maple-Celery Root Puree, Jerusalem Artichoke, Salsify, Black Trumpets, White Truffle Oil & Pancetta ...OMG...to die for. The soft shell crabs came with a light curried cream sauce ...sooooooo good! My Loup der Mer ( branzino) was delish, so was my son's hanger steak. My husband wasn't crazy about the lamb entree. That happens!
But his dessert (and he is not a dessert person) was off the hook! It was a special white chocolate napoleon with phyllo crust , so light, rhubarb sauce and pistachios. Also my son's banana tart tatin with passion fruit caramel and macadamia nut brittle was whoa!
What a great dinner! Nice wine , some port afterwards...totally the best place to wow people!
Enjoy!

• Visited April 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent, Upscale Dining in Brooklyn”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I love this spot. The atmosphere is incredible with steel hand-crafted at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. After a hard day, I often come solely for a few appetizers at the bar and the specially-crafted cocktails. My menu favorite is the quail. If it's your first time, I suggest choosing a bunch of appetizers and splitting. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2012
new jersey, usa
“our favorite”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

the brunch at the Dressler is one of our favorite, we used to go there all the time when my children lived in Williamsburgh.

Visited April 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute little place”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Great atmosphere, tasty food. would recommend and go there again for their changing menu

Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I was very satisfied with this restaurant during my visit to Newyork. From the beginning, the staff was so polite! BRAVO and thank you to all of them!

• Visited May 2011