“Third Time Back For Tortellini”
Review of Il Passatore

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Brooklyn,N.Y.
“Third Time Back For Tortellini”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My son and I wanted to go out tonight for dinner but it seems lately I'm not crazy about the food In the restaurants I've been to. We decided to go back to Il Passatore where I knew I would love the Tortellini with Squash and Truffles. It wasn't as loud as the last time, which was nice. The staff is friendly but not warm enough to feel at home. Our appetizer was nice ,small though...goats cheese with a grape inside and pistachio coating. But what we came for was not disappointing. I adore their Tortellini with squash, a satisfying home made pasta, so delicious. We shared an additional pasta, with eggplant in a pea sauce which was good but not nearly as good as the tortellini.We got the Panne Cotta, and I wish I would have read my last review because it was a bit so/so. Good but not outstanding.. I can at least depend on the one dish I love, a pleasant atmosphere and fair prices. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited January 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Just enough”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The staff is friendly. Reservations are suggested. The food is worth the wait. The cuisine is Northern Italian which means not to much sauce/gravy. Their pastas are made just right and the flavors make up for the no sauce. The house Sangiovese is delicious. They have a backyard that reminds me of my Nonna's yard.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellent authentic Italian food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My Northern Italian friend only eats at a few Italian restaurants in the city, because the rest are mostly American Italian. This is one place that he loves because it is authentic. Everything is fresh and delicious. I believe they make their own pasta too. Our waiter was straight from Italy too! We ate out in the garden, which was nice and cozy. The desserts were outstanding. It's worth the trip to Williamsburg, and I can't wait to go back.

• Visited September 2011
Cesenatico, Italy
“The Best in Brooklyn!!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

...actually there would be too much to say!!!
perfect atmosphere, lovely, helpful and competent staff!!!
excellent dishes, whatever the course!!!from "gnocchi gorgonzola e noci" to chocolate sweets!!!
a special thanx for his kindness and help goes to Nicola!
My favorite restaurant in Brooklyn, if not in the whole new York city!!!

• Visited February 2012
“My favorite Italian in NYC”
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Il Passatore is hands down my favorite Italian restaurant in NYC. It's nothing fancy but the food is so good and so fresh. Note that the dining room is tiny, but when there's nice weather the back patio is open. And don't forget to ask for lemoncello at the end of the meal. It's complimentary!