“Consistently Great”

Ranked #48 of 5,495 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recently ate at Olea again and continue to be delighted by the food and the staff at this excellent Mediterranean restaurant. The assortment of delicious sauces/dips for their pitas, including standards like hummus & tzatziki, or their beet or romescu are a fantastic start to a meal. You can easily satisfy yourself with their tapas & appetizers without even venturing into the main dishes. On this occasion I did just that enjoying artichoke croquettes, pita with sauces, fried haloumi cheese (a personal favorite), a kale salad and lamb keftedes with my friend. The ambience is always pleasant and we dined for two delectable hours. Olea is a neighborhood staple for me, always welcoming and reliably delicious.

1  Thank Miguel A

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I used to think that CAFE E VINO was the most romantic restaurant in Ft. Greene, but that was before I had lunch here. OLEA tops it in the "romantic ambiance" department.

Olea is much less cramped. They have a mostly brick and white stucco interior with lots of antique, or at least antique-looking, thingies on the walls. There are Portuguese-style tiles along the bar, and I might have felt as if I was in a seaside bar/restaurant in Cascais had I not been able to see Lafayette Avenue out the window.

I had the lamb meatball sandwich, that came with salad and potatoes, from the lunch menu. It was washed down with a glass of Estrella Damm draft from Spain.

The lamb sandwich was delicious. The potatoes were covered in a spicy cheese sauce and were very good. I'm not a big salad fan, but it tasted fine with their dressing.

I love this place. Unfortunately, I live far away in Queens so it will be difficult to get my wife here for supper. But I'll have to try.

1  Thank JamieNYC
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I love this place so much. I have never had a bad meal here. It is tucked away from the hustle and tourists and filled with awesome Tapas and amazing BRUNCH with the only bloody mary i like in all of NYC.

1  Thank TheWriter13
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Great tapas - love their fried chickpeas and potato bravas & they have a lot of other good choices, too- we love it because we are vegetarian and can find a lot too eat. Great atmosphere. One of my favorite Brooklyn spots.

1  Thank risaby
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 14, 2008

$20 bottles of wine and a great atmosphere. Plus, fried sausage stuffed olives were awesome. Good find.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook