“Fresh and tasty sushi at reasonable prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Akaru Sushi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Akaru Sushi
Ranked #2,918 of 5,320 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
New York City, New York
“Fresh and tasty sushi at reasonable prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I ate sushi from this restaurant a couple of times already - takeout and dine in with a friend. First we had a takeout and the sushi was very good. We ended up going for dinner there as well. The decor is modern with red walls and dimmed lights. Staff is very attentive and prompt.

We ordered kani and seaweed salads, New York roll, Philadelphia roll, and Spicy White tuna. Rolls are a bit smaller than in a few other sushi places I tried however the price is lower as well, therefore reasonable. Philadelphia roll was just OK but everything else was very good.

Overall the dinner was very nice and I would return. It's a good value for the price. I'm giving three starts in comparison to other sushi restaurants I visited which have higher quality, better tasting sushi, larger rolls and serve complimentary tea.

• Visited July 2014