“A sleek boutique hotel with comfortable rooms and friendly, helpful staff”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I looked for a hotel in the neighborhood where my niece lives so that we could easily meet up. Brooklyn doesn't have that many hotels and I'm not a B&B type person so Hotel Le Bleu turned out to be the right hotel for me. It has large comfortable beds with goose down comforters, a large screen plasma TV, WiFi, a safe, and lots of other amenities. A breakfast bar is included in the room rate and there is a nice welcoming basket of cookies, water, and chips. Just one block over on 5th Avenue are tons of restaurants and shops and the hotel itself has a restaurant and bar. I was particularly impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the young staff. Definitely will stay here on my subsequent trips to New York..

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed October 15, 2009

Hotel Le Bleu is a contemporary boutique inn with an attentive staff. I rarely left or entered the building without being greeted by name.

At first glance the location doesn’t look inviting. The hotel is on a major street next to a taxi dispatch, a U-Haul center, and Staples. But just a block east to 5th Ave. and you will find many interesting shops and restaurants. A subway station is 3 blocks SE.

The room was nicely appointed with a well lighted desk and room for my laptop (wireless or wired Internet is included). The night stands had variable lighting lamps. An array of entertainment options included a hi-def flat screen TV connected to DirecTV and a Bose sound system for DVDs and CDs. The desk has a clock radio with an iPod dock.

Bathroom privacy may be a minor downside for some. The facilities are part of the bedroom rather than a separate space. A clear glass box encloses the shower, so you are visible to anyone in the room. The commode has a little privacy with a frosted sliding glass door.

A rooftop club is open on weekends. I could clearly hear music from several blocks away as I approached the hotel. Once in my room, however, I couldn’t hear any music or party noise.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank jonarts
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Last minute, we needed to change date but due to prebooking at a discounted price we thought we would be penalized. They totally accomodated us without a charge.
I can't speak for others, but this was our second time here and the rooms were really clean.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

First, this hotel labels itself as a 4 star property. Check with AAA - it is not a 4 star hotel; you will realize this as soon as you pull up to the stump of a building seated DIRECTLY next to a huge NYC taxi depot and in front of a sprawling U-Haul center. It is located on 4th Avenue in Brooklyn, an area not at all gentrified or even safe. Further, a 4 star hotel has 24 hour room service. Considering the low quality and absurd prices of the food the fact that they do not have 24 hour room service is a good thing. Also, there was a small dirty refrigerator in my room but apparently this "4 star hotel" missed the in room mini bar requirement.

Pros- decent website that conned me into thinking I was staying at a nice hotel.
Cons- Moldy shower, burns on the furniture, completely untrained staff, awful towels (scratchy and thin), no mini bar, no concierge, a lounge with no one ever there, a guest directory that appeared to be borrowed from another hotel (mine had take out food menus in it! - ridiculous price for my room.

Stay in Manhattan for the same price or less!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank 4056RC
timanctil, General Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to outline your experience and opinion of Hotel le Bleu. Although harsh criticism is difficult to hear, we use it as a training tool and a source to identify areas where improvement is necessary.

While we are not officially a 4-star property, I would point out that no where on our website to we promote ourselves as being 4-star. If you noticed, on tripadvisor.com, we are listed as a 3-star property, but with 4-star amenities such as 400 thread count sheets, goose-down pillows and duvets, 200+ channels if Direct Tv, complimentary wireless, complimentary in-room movies, complimentary continental breakfast and complimentary parking. Front desk is available 24 hours, bellman on duty 24 hours, reservations in on duty 24 hours. I'm sorry you felt we were so understaffed.

I'm not sure how you missed the mini-bar selections. Although they are basic choices (sodas (3 types), juices (2 types), 2 flavors Vitamin Waters, 4 types of Snacks and 2 bottles of Smart Water) we will be adding Brooklyn Beer, Chardonnay, Absolut Vodka and a chilled coffee drink by December 1.

One thing you mentioned definitely deserves an apology. When you stayed with us, we had completed regrouting 47 out of the 48 rooms in the hotel. Your room (#402) had not been completed. I apologize for the substandard appearance of the shower tile. As of now, the entire hotel has been regrouted and is in perfect condition.

Though we may not be the ideal hotel for everyone, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and clean, luxurious guest rooms and amenities. If you would like to discuss any of these issues, I can be reached during business hours at the hotel.

Warmest Regards. Tim Anctil

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I chose Hotel Le Bleu given it's proximity to friends I was visiting in the Park Slope area. I would do so again happily given the combination of its location vis-a-vis my friends and the hotel itself. It's new, the rooms well appointed and compact without being cramped. I would not, though, choose Hotel Le Bleu as a destination hotel. That section of 4th Avenue is not an attractive part of Park Slope. Nearby neighborhoods are nice, but the hotel loses a lot of points given its access off of 4th (made worse by having to nagivate through the parking lot to get to the hotel's entrance). Still, the staff were great, and it was very good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Hotel Le Bleu exceeded our expectations in every way. The location is perfect for visiting in Brooklyn or Manhattan, with easy mass transit access to many locations. The rooms are beautifully designed to make optimum use of every square inch of space so one never feels crowded. Our room was attractive, and the furniture arrangement made it easy to move around. The bed was especially comfortable, and we enjoyed the balcony looking out on Manhattan. Amenities in the room are exceptional, with wide screen digital TV and a complete Bose audio system. Perhaps the best thing about Le Bleu is the service. All staff members with whom we came into contact went out of their way to accommodate our needs and preferences.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I have stayed at Hotel Le Bleu four times. Each time, something has struck me as awesome about my stay – and I have significant business & leisure hotel experience. This is a gem in the real world – not some fairytale Manhattan or Chicago experience. From an online or telephone reservation, change request or cancelation, the front desk handles it all with character, diplomacy and results. The comfort, the cleanliness, the service, the kindness (yeah, the kindness), and the value in this hotel is unbelievable in this-day-in-age. I hate to admit this because reservations may be hard to come by once people discover Hotel Le Bleu. From parking, check-in, special requests, directions, car service, respectable dining on-site if you choose not to go out to the amazing restaurants in the area – they have it all covered – not to mention the views from the roof. The hotel may not look like much from the outside – but once inside – I always feel special – from the chef holding my dinner reservation when I admitted to “someone” in the elevator that I was running late, the front desk making my room available earlier than check-in (and it was spotless), to walking my daughter up to my room at 5:30 A.M. after flying in from the west coast, to calling me with a guaranteed reservation after I was wait-listed. My compliments to the owners and staff, thank you.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business