“Comfy Bed, Reasonable Price for NYC”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting a relative in Brooklyn. The location is great if you are spending most of your time in Brooklyn-- it saved us the time of trucking back and forth from Manhattan on the subway. The rooms have pros and cons. The pros are VERY comfy bed, big screen TV, free snacks, soda, and water, nice lighting, balcony, free breakfast, nice showerhead, limited free parking, and nice porta-cribs (if you have a baby like us). The cons are that the street is kind of ugly-- we had a view of a U-haul dealership from our balcony, the restaurant wasn't finished yet so we had to take our breakfast up to our room, the walls are a bit thin so you hear people coming and going during the night, and the bathroom set-up was a bit odd (no separate bathroom-- so the glass shower just kind of sits in the middle of the room). Overall, a great option for Brookyn though.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed June 28, 2009

Remember the movie The Out of Towners, that's what happened to us at Hotel Le Bleu. At 4pm, while driving into the parking lot at Hotel Le Bleu we received a phone call from reception informing us they no longer had our room available. Shocked, we walking into the lobby with our reservation confirmation in hand, and demanded to know what they could possibly mean. Their response was astonishing. I quote, "It's not our fault, some guests decided to extend their stay." Suffice it to say, of the three incompetent employees behind the reception desk, two thought if they ignored us we would go away, and the one speaking repeated one moronic statement after another.
Never, never stay at this hotel. Your room confirmation is not a guarantee, it is a whim. Find a chain hotel nearby and stick with professional organizations, whether it be Marriott, Holiday Inn, etc. Do not end up like us. We were forced to cut short our visit to New York and drive home, arriving after midnight, because there was no "room at the inn."

3  Thank Smsstik
timanctil, Hotel Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to outline your experience - it is always a great disappointment to fall short of guest expectations.

As the result of 2 guests not checking out on their departure date and not being reachable for the entire day, we were forced to relocate two existing reservations, I apologize that you were not happy with the hotel options offered.

Our offer still stands for a complimentary 2 night stay in our best room and dinner on us in the Park Slope area.

Our deepest apologies,
Tim Anctil, Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2009

I was very reluctant to book a room at this hotel because I had never heard of it and wasn't for sure if it would be a good place to stay because when looking at pictures on a website they can be very deceiving. Well not true of this hotel at all Hotel Le Bleu was far more than I expected. It was very very nice, the staff was very nice, very accommodating. The rooms were small but that was okay for a New York hotel, the rooms were very very clean, the bed was wonderful the linen was so soft made me feel like I was at home in my own bed. The bathroom set up was different but cute. I would definitely stay there again and plan to stay there again. The only bad thing about the hotel was the parking it was not very many parking spaces for a 48 room hotel but all in all everything was great!

1  Thank vagirl59
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Date of stay 06/19 - 06/21, 2009
My son and I enjoyed our stay at Le Bleu...the hotel is very secure, clean and the staff treated us, from check in to check out with professionalism, respect, smiles and more. Even before we began our trip to Le Bleu, when we asked for Car Service from JFK to Le Bleu, they recomended "Comfort Car Services". Very nice, prompt service, neatly dressed drivers; the Lincoln Sedan(s) are clean & well kept! We checked in kind of late in the evening...& hungry, Le Bleu provided us with a menu of a restaurant that delivers delicious food & drinks to the hotel until 10:30pm !

I (mom), requested a room with a view of the Manhattan Skyline and what a view it was! We were in a room on the 5th floor......when you walk out onto the balcony.....Skyline to the right.....Lady Liberty to the left....we were very pleased!!!!

Hotel amenities are abundant.....from ( in room) complimentary individually wrapped and boxed cookies to chips to STARBUCKS COFFEE reg & decaf to hand sanitizer, bottled water, big, comfy, white, cotton robes AND slippers to the "just right" firm bed with pillows....I can go on & on. Oh ...there is an in-room safe to store your valuables..you set your own combination, which is nice!!!

The Bose sound system is awesome (we didn't dare get loud though... out of respect for other patrons). The HD, on the wall, HUGE, flat screen tv, made us feel like we were @ the movies !!

The furniture and the architecture of Le Bleu is very contemporary. Expect lots of chrome, frosted & nonfrosted glass, mirrors, blue hue lights(behind bed(s)), dimmable night-stand lamps, wireless internet...etc. This is NOT a hotel for folks who like antique or country-type settings. More preppy, up-tempo...I'd say. If you love the colour bleu, like I do, you'll be satisfied.

Complimentary breakfast consists of danishes, scones, muffins, bagels of sorts, dry cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, hot coffee, tea, milk...skim milk too...a plus. Once you get off the elevator in the Lobby, walk to the left & you'll see a quaint "banquet-type" area set up with the food items that'll help to get your day started.

Thanks Hotel Le Bleu.....we enjoyed every moment.

And thankyou for reading.

C. Buck & Son, Colonial Heights, VA

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Haunter4032002
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at Hotel Le Bleu. We have family in Park Slope/Brooklyn. Normally we wind up staying in Manhattan to stay someplace fun and trendy. My brother recommended Hotel Le Bleu. The location is great. We were literally a block away from the center of Park Slope. This gave us easy access to my family and Manhattan. It's a quick walk from the hotel to the subway. In 20 minutes your in Manhattan. It was great to leave the hectic pace of the city for a good night's sleep in the charming neighborhood of Park Slope. The room was spacious and comfortable. Amazing shower, like your own spa. For the price and the convenience we'll be back for our next visit to NYC.

3  Thank Rob H
Reviewed June 5, 2009

When I had to find a hotel in Brooklyn for the Brooklyn Half Marathon, I found this website very helpful so I wanted to make a point of writing a review myself afterward. My daughter and I stayed just one night. But it completely met our needs - most importantly, a very clean and safe place to stay for the night with comfortable beds. These needs were both met exceptionally. The 'warnings' that I read from other reviewers were helpful - the open shower and the bathroom not being totally enclosed was something we were prepared for, and since it was just me and my daughter, it was fine. But it wouldn't be a place for you and someone you don't know really well. The television only had one channel - but this wasn't something that we needed. We had bottled water in the room and the people at the front desk were very helpful, telling us how to get to the race start, where to eat the night before the race, etc. We had to walk a few blocks to get something to eat, but places to eat are plentiful. For the short stay that we had, this hotel exceeded our expectations. What we liked the most was the exceptional cleanliness and the very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank RunningFanatic
Reviewed May 29, 2009

I just returned from a 3-night stay at Hotel Le Bleu. A business/leisure trip, this was my first to New York and I had no real idea where I was booking a room. I took the advice of a couple of local friends, and I wasn't disappointed.

Hotel Le Bleu offered everything I needed. A quiet room near Park Slope, with a great view of the city. Dependable wireless internet access when I needed it. Courteous, friendly staff who helped to accomodate all my needs, including consistently reliable directions to and from my many destinations in the city.

The bed was very comfortable and all the necessary amenities were provided. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business