“good place to stay”

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“good place to stay”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Can not find a single thing that was negative at Le Bleu. We had a short stay but enjoyed. The room was clan and bright and the service was excellent. Melissa at the desk was friendly and helpful. Our children live in Park Slope so we were familiar with the area. This is the city and you're not in Kansas anymore, so don't expect to see mountain vistas (although we had a good view of Brooklyn Center). Enjoy your stay. The folks here will help you do just that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank elmack01
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had a wedding to attend in the area, and this hotel one that was most convenient to the event location. We were very happy with our choice! Hotel Le Bleu is not just your run of the mill place. Boutique feel, at a very nice rate. We had a few family members staying here, so we had a total of 4 rooms booked for one night. The hotel will not allow you to call ahead, and request an early check in. We had pictures we had to be a part of at 3pm, and checkin was 3pm, so I wanted to try and get in the room by 2. The person I spoke to on the phone earlier in the week, said that we could try getting there an hour early, and if they have a room available, they would definitely get us in there. So, we showed up early, and it was iffy weather or not they were going to be able to make it happen since they were booked the previous night. Well, in comes one of the front desk employees Amanda, and she saves the day! She did some quick shuffling around, and VOILA, we were in our rooms, and made it on time to the wedding photos! They also were able to put all of the rooms in the general vicinity of each other, which was also very nice, since my father needs some help from time to time in his older age. For instance, he misplaced his room key within 10 minutes of checking in, and whithout any fuss, the front desk gave him a new one, no fuss, no questions asked!

The decor of the hotel is modern contemporary. There was a super big flat screen TV mounted on the wall, with a Bose stereo system. This techie likey! I do have to say, the layout of the room is a little strange. There is no privacy in the room. There are glass walls around the toilet, and the shower. There is a curtain you can pull around the glass shower, but still, a little awkward, because when you step out of the shower, there is nowhere to go, except front and center in the room to get dried and dressed. HELLO! ..but hey.. we are family, so it was all good. :)

There is a very ample mini bar in the room, and for a charge, you can dine and drink a wide assortment of little snacks, candy, beer, and soda. They gave us one snack, and two bottles of water compliments of the house. COOL! They also had a small breakfast that is also included in your stay. A choice of a bagel, muffin, with yogurt, and a small pastry, all of which were of very good quality. Meaning from an actual bakery, and not pre-packaged garbage.

In the end, this was a nice little hotel, that did made our stay a nice one. Thanks again to the wonderful staff there, and especially Amanda who went the extra mile to make sure our stay was a pleasant one.

Room Tip: If you can, see if you can get a balcony room. The view isn't GREAT, but it's a nice amenity...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed there for one night in Dec. 2013 and it was a nice, clean hotel. The service was good, room had nice decor and was clean. The price was reasonable. The location was good for the Barclay Center.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My daughter & I went to NY for 3 days Nov. 9 - Nov 12, 2013. We stayed at Hotel Le Bleu in Brooklyn because it seemed to be a very nice hotel for much less than the "nice" hotels in NYC. I made my reservations through Bookit.com. The description was basically King room with a Terrace...beautiful view of the Manhatten skyline. The room itself was nice enough. We had a king size bed & a terrace...our view was the parking lot for a U-Haul center & there was nothing beautiful about it. The terrace & view were the main reason I chose Le Bleu. I mentioned it to 3 different employees there. They all said pretty much the same thing. "They were sorry. The description is kind of misleading but that's what happens when you book through a 3rd party." No one offered to check & see if they had another room & no one offered to reduce the price of the room. Maybe if I had acted like a jerk & made a scene about it they would have done something, but that's not me. I do hope to return to NY one day but I promise I will not stay at Hotel Le Bleu.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie M
Thank you so much for your feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. We strive to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

When we arrived after dark at the hotel, we were worried about the neighbourhood, wedged as it is on a depressed-looking section of 4th Ave. between a U-Haul depot and an ambulatory infusion centre. But the next day, we found that just a block away was a lively area for shopping, restaurants and nightlife -- and it just got better as we walked down lovely residential streets to 7th Ave., the hub of Park Slope. The hotel itself is as pictured on its website, with crisp trendy design and -- in our view -- one of the most comfortable beds ever. (We'd take it home if we could.) The staff is super friendly -- every one of them we encountered -- and because it is a smaller property, response time from them is very quick. For example, we had trouble with our TV and one of the staff was up to our room within a minute, and fixed it quickly. The only negative would be the breakfast. The only things on often are pastries (which we don't eat) and yogurt; more variety would be good for those who don't bulk up on carbs. However, it's delivered to your room at the time you request. In sum, we'd return, even if the location isn't as pretty as Park Slope suggests.

Kittery Point, Maine
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Le Bleu for ease of use, parking, slower pace and neighborhood feel. Unfortunately there really aren't many choices as far as places to stay. When we arrived we were told that they didn't have a king room so we would be in a double. We didn't notice the lack cleanliness at first because we had to leave for an event directly after we arrived and by the time we returned it was midnight. Our room was on the street side of the hotel so was very loud early in the morning. On top of that it was really dirty which we hadn't noticed the when we checked in because we had to leave for an event directly after we arrived and by the time we returned it was midnight. However in the morning we saw that the curtain had a large greasy stain, the rug was stained in many places, the shower had a lot of mold and the opaque sliding glass door to the commode area had greasy finger prints all over it. In one corner I saw what looked to be someone's medication; clearly the room had not been well vacuumed. The housekeeping was so bad I questioned whether the sheets were changed between guests. We called the front desk and asked to be moved due to the noise, the double beds and the dirty room. The front desk agreed to move us to a king room on the back of the hotel. When I went to the lobby I talked with a gentleman about the lack of cleanliness in our first room. He expressed surprise and actually seemed to question if it was true. I asked if he wanted to see photos but he declined. It didn't seem that anyone was going to address the situation as far as making sure the room was properly cleaned. Amazingly our new room was lovely and clean; it was as if we were in a different hotel entirely, it was that different. I now see why the reviews of Hotel Le Bleu vary so wildly and why some people love it and others complain about it being dirty. After giving some thought about the disparity between the rooms the only thing I can think of that might explain it is that the double rooms may attract people who are in the area for MLBB games or concerts at Barclays Center and so are more likely to be partying while the king rooms might attract couples looking for a quieter, more romantic getaway…just a guess.
The other thing to consider about the rooms is that the commode area is not entirely private because it's the glass is opaque so you can actually see the person who is using the bathroom sitting on the commode, in silhouette. Unless you are really close with the person/people you are staying with I would expect most people might find this uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Hard to rate this because the two rooms differed so much. I would rate the first a 2 star and our se...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peaceandsun
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed there in October and the rooms are very nice, ultra modern. The women at the front desk were very nice and helpful. Although we live nearby the hotel, we need to get out of our apartment for a night while our floors are being sanded. We were told on our first stay that we would get 10% off our next stay. I called at around 12:30 AM (night of Dec. 1 or morning of Dec. 2nd) to book a room with a King bed; I did not need the terrace, and so took the slightly less expensive version arriving Dec. 3. So far so good; reservation was made by Henry. When I got the email confirmation, it had me arriving Dec. 1 and checking out Dec. 2- the wrong dates. I called right back and spoke with Harold. He corrected the date and sent me the same confirmation number with the correct dates. A few minutes later, Harold calls me back and tells me that room is sold out, and would I like the next higher room at $10 more. I had little choice and took it. Now, I could have booked this for less at several travel sites, but the hotel asked me to call them directly to get the repeat customer discount. It's not the $10 that matters; it's that the incompetence and aggravation is not worth my booking directly through them ever again. And it still would have been cheaper through a travel site. The rates are lower and the hotels must pay them a percentage, so it would have made far more business sense for the hotel to keep my price the same as the original reservation for the room with a terrace, which I didn't need anyway and made this clear on my first call.

Room Tip: If you call for reservations, try to get one of the women on the phone. The men seem a little less...