“Wonderful hidden treasure”

Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful hidden treasure”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for business. My visit began with Audrey coming out to meet me at the taxi cab door with an umbrella and to carry my suitcase, and then made an early check-in possible. And it just kept getting better from there. Audrey, Amanda, Henry and Edes were warm, friendly, and so helpful every time I saw any of them at the front desk; Victoria delivered my breakfast each morning with a smile and a good morning wish; and Audrey even found a car service/driver for me, that I ended up using every single time I needed a ride. The rooms are sparkling clean and beautiful, entrance to the room floors is secured, the restaurant was terrific, and every member of the staff was a delight. Could not have asked for a more perfect place to stay in Brooklyn.
To management: whatever you are doing to train your staff to bend over backwards for customer service, keep doing it -- they are extraordinary!

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside have a view of the Manhattan skyline.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cherylburnside
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Good day Cheryl B,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

HLB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My name is Nikki and I came all the way from North Cack-a-lack!!! Yanikae, Darius, and Audrey were awesome... THe restaurant (friendly bartender and wait staff) was elegant, the food was good, and the vibe was great. They treated us like family, but not too familiar!!! If you know what I mean. They also had my car waiting on me, on time to go to the airport in the morning with a delish muffin waiting on me as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel in the BK.. Hands down a great experience!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Good day Nikki s,

Simsbury, Connecticut
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our daughter is going to the Pratt Institute so we are looking for a place to call home when we go to visit her. I think we have found it here.

For the same price as regular chain hotels, we got a unique experience in a beautiful room - especially if you like the color blue.

The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The rooms spotless and very modern in their décor. We had one king-sized bed for the two of us and we had plenty of space. We loved having our own little balcony too so we could see Manhattan.

The breakfast basket was really, really good. We were expected run of the mill goodies and were so please to find everything still warm from the oven.

We had a drink at the rooftop bar. The outside space is limited (there is more at the restaurant on the floor below) and the views were lovely.

We were able to get free parking right outside the hotel. There seemed to be a limited number of spots available to guests but I am sure there are other options in the area.

The location is in an up and coming part of Brooklyn. Fifth Avenue, a block away, has plenty of shops and places to eat.

Have already booked to come here for Parent's Weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day cab514,

boston
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We spent a night in this boutique hotel when in Brooklyn for a wedding. The location served our purposes. The room was well appointed, the bed comfortable and the people at the front desk were very pleasant. We wanted to give it a better review, but a few problems made it impossible. For example,the shower was one with no curtain and its floor was at the same level as the rest of the room. We have used such showers in Europe and they have several drains so there is no flooding. After a few minutes in the shower the bathroom flooded, my slippers were soaked and it was a bit of a mess. The one drain was just not enough for such a shower.

Another problem was when we asked the front desk to call us a taxi they said they don't do that, but only call limos. Rather than stand in the street to hail a cab in this industrial district we used the limos which were somewhat more expensive than the taxis and one of the drivers was less knowledgable of the area than the usual New York taxi driver. He brought us to the wrong entrance of the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens where the wedding was held. Despite his insistence that this was the correct entrance we asked that he wait while we checked it out. It was several blocks away and he drove us there. In all our travels we have never before been to a hotel that refused to call a cab and insisted we use a limo service.

There was a feeling in the hotel that as nice as they were, they did not see the situation from a guest's point of view. There was no literature in the room as to how they function. For example, when we wanted to call the front desk there were no instructions as to what number to dial. After several tries based on other hotels we finally dialed zero and they answered. The breakfast "basket" contained barely toasted cold bagels and a cold sweet roll. They could do better since they have no restaurant and we had no choice. We were to make our own coffee. The coffee machine's instructions were worn off, so that took a while to figure out. They provided only one packet of regular coffee and one of decaf. Neither of us drink decaf.

Except for the shower, these are minor problems which could be easily remedied and we might even consider returning to this hotel if we were in Brooklyn. However the flooded bathroom was totally unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day ShirleyBoston,

Thank you so much for your feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. We strive to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.

Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Odd though convenient location- seems to rise up out of nowhere- big room with lots of amenities- robes, snacks, nice minibar with good choices. Front desk folks SUPER friendly. Pillow smelled like somebody else's head.

• Stayed August 2013
Good day Mendy7,

Aurora, Missouri
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Just a block from all the shops and restaurants Brooklyn's 5th Ave offers, plus offering a view of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty, we were very happy with our 1st stay at Hotel Le Bleu. And we were surprised to look out our 6th floor window on the morning of our departure and see the Queen Mary 2 docked nearby. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and well appointed. Amanda, Henry, and Edes were so helpful at the front desk, holding four luggage after we checked out until we could board the ship. And they arranged a car to take us to the cruise terminal nearby. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kelly J
Good day Kelly J,

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hidden gem did not receive 5 stars only because the bar and restaurant weren't up to par. Le Bleu is located in Brooklyn in the Park Slope area. The hotel is in an industrial area that one would not expect a boutique style hotel.

From the moment that we arrived we were treated by the staff with the utmost respect, kindness, and professionalism. Truly when it comes to service it was unparalleled. The service is definitely 5 stars!!!! One of the evenings of my stay at midnight I wasn't feeling well and I wanted to make some tea. I wasn't able to get the coffee machine working in my room, so I called the front desk. I told Audrey who immediately said please do not worry, I will bring some up to you. Within minutes she brought a tray with an assortment of teas, a pot of steaming hot water and told me to never hesitate to call if I needed anything! On another occasion I was reading in the computer room, when I saw Amanda who is also part of the staff. She asked if I would like a cup of coffee or something to drink. I opted to get a tea. Amanda also within minutes returned with a tray and not only did she bring me tea; but a croissant as well. These are the little things that become the big things when traveling. I can not just say Amanda and Audrey, also Henry, Edes, and Robin were spectacular. Amanda I must say also made our stay as welcoming and helpful as could be. ALL of them are shining stars of the service industry and would be the #1 reason for my return!

As far as the hotel itself it is extremely clean. Housekeeping is kept to the standards of a luxury resort. The blue lighting is spectacular and gives it a very nice touch. And the beds are extremely comfortable for a good night sleep.

I will say this although the bar and restaurant wasn't what I expected. The terrace in the bar gives a great view to the Manhanttan skyline. And I would like to mention those establishments are franchised and are not part of the Le Bleu management. But a brightside is the complimentary picnic basket continental breakfast.

Overall if your looking for decent prices and near Manhattan. Le Bleu should be your choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business