“For travelers without privacy issues only”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Brampton, Canada
“For travelers without privacy issues only”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After extensive search for hotels in Queens/ Brooklyn area I have decided to give Le Bleu try for 3 nights.
I was traveling with my best friend, my 22 years old daughter.
Renting the vehicle at La Guardia airport was a breeze. Finding hotel was not any more difficult. Driving through the potholes, that can not be avoided, for about 30 minutes, we parked in the front of hotel at 2pm. Room was not available until regular check-in time 3pm.
The first impression was not that great: this hotel is squeezed between two services, parking lot can only take about 10 vehicles. Upon entering "the lobby" you discover a small reception desk with TV above it on your left. You are facing elevator doors, on your right is a small waiting area with two sofas.
I felt very worried. Elevator, that can only be operated using room key (for safety), took us to 5th floor. I have noticed bleach stains in dark brown carpet that looked new. Our room 505 was overlooking hotels parking lot and 4th Avenue. Glass cube shower-stall enclosure on our right created a small hallway leading to well appointed room with two double beds. Chocolate brown wood, same color carpet, white modern furniture , crisp linens and blue details welcomed us.
My I pad and phone connected immediately to hotels WIFI, which was a pleasant surprise as sometimes it can be a chore. Small closet with tiny ironing board sent us a message: this is great for a quick trip. Do not take any fancy dresses or clothes that must be hanged. We pushed our luggage agains glass door leading to a small balcony, as we couldn't find any better place for it. Carpets are new, but show many stains from bleach, that is being used for cleaning. Desk area with coffee maker, two packets of Starbucks coffee , two bottles of Smart water, courtesy of the hotel were a pleasant surprise. Fridge was fully stacked up with local beer, Coke, water and more soft drinks. Basket on the shelf offered snacks at the half price than any other establishment. Very tempting. Choosing two double beds for two single girls was perfect. I must say, that this was the second best bed I have ever slept during my travels. It is hard to beat Waldorf-Astoria experience, but it came very close at fracture of the price! Crisp linens, four very comfortable pillows and feather duvet on each bed are the best asset of the room. And there was THE BATHROOM: the shower-stall is amazing. Figuring out the faucets can be a riddle at first, but having the soft rain falling from very hight ceiling and handheld shower available at the same time in very spacious glass enclosure that white drapes hug for privacy, if you wish, was rewarding experience. Cosmetic line, beside being blue, is one of the best I used at the hotels as well. Stripping and replacing the seal around the bottom of the shower-stall would improve its look, as it shows mould.Small round sink is open to the bedroom itself and has very sufficient light for applying make-up. Again, being minimalistic, there is not enough of storage available for longer stay. I can not imagine having more than two people in the room... And than there is the toilet area...!!! Having no secrets between two girls, but trying to stay discreet at the same time is impossible task. Frosted glass sliding door is the only obstacle between bed and this scary place... I did not find any switch for fan, thankfully I always pack room freshener with me. We used TV and radio for sound proofing...lol... Although our shower and toilet area were separated by glass wall and tiled threshold, there was water on the floor in the toilet area, which is not really pleasant experience when you are fully dressed for winter outside...Heating, air conditioning unit under the window can be controlled very easily and the unit is very efficient.
Ordering breakfast to the room is due by 4am.. Bagels and muffins are heavenly. Lack of cream and sugar in our basket got corrected with quick call to the reception.
The only downfall of the breakfast delivery is, that when your neighbors order for early delivery, lack of soundproofing from the hallway will wake you up. Doors are heavy and loud.
Noise from the street woke me up every morning around 6.30 am. There was some small construction going on and drills and honking of the cars would prevent me from going back to sleep.
Parking was ok for first two nights. It was full during the last night and we turned to underground parking across the street. Recommended by hotel, but not available and not so pleasant experience either. Eventually we found spot about 7 minutes walk from the hotel. Walking back at midnight and removing vehicle before 7 am for sweeping of the street was a bit annoying.
Overall, we left with impression that there is not much possibility for improvement. Service at the hotel was very responsive and pleasant, room was clean and comfortable for short stay. Privacy can be a true issue....

Room Tip: HIgher the better, ask for the room facing Manhattan. I have asked for city< meaning Manhattan, a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LuvToTravel061

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Turkish first
Hertfordshire
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really hard to find any fault with this hotel at all. The staff were fantastic, always greeted you whatever time of day or night you entered or left the hotel. Whilst we did not take up the option of continental breakfast to our room it was a lovely touch. Huge bonus was the car park, albeit small we did manage to get into it all except one evening when we came back very late so could not expect anything else. FREE Wifi which worked very well and had good speed. Lovely decor to the rooms and for a city hotel not bad on space, excellent facilities. Whilst the shower was completely glass it did have a curtain around it you could pull accross if you wished, a little strange if you were sharing with a friend or family member but fine if a couple. Thought it would have been better to have a frosted glass strip abount the middle portion rather than complete glass but it was good use of both space and light. Amazing bedding however the only down side at this hotel is the noise of the a/c in the room. You need it on as quite a hot room yet it makes a heck of a noise which is a shame as the bed and bedding has all the ingredients for a fabulous nights sleep. For the price I would def recommend it and have no hesitation staying there again, just work out something with the a/c unit. Travel quite a bit to NYC and Brooklyn as boyfriends family live there, tried a few hotels and this one is currently my favorite for the price. Great value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel_happy22
albany, ny
Reviewed April 7, 2013

really the most helpful/cheerful/upbeat staff ever, and great service. they were all extremely wonderful. clean rooms, nice amenities, centrally located. the one quirk i didn't love is the very strong scent in the lobby. not a fan of perfumes and air fresheners in general, and there seemed to be a surfeit over the four days of our stay. wifi could have been better. free HBO was cool. complimentary breakfast at your door was fantastic. i'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank elisa a
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a lovely small hotel in Brooklyn-close to Park Slope and other lovely neighborhoods. First impression might be a bit off-putting as it is set back from the street between a Staples and taxi repair garage. The rooms are a good size and if the weather is good and you get a room with a terrace you'll be able to enjoy the outdoors. The rooms are remarkably quiet and well appointed. Do try to go with someone who you really like as the shower seems to be in the middle of the room. You can close yourself in by pulling the curtains around the enclosure. The one drawback for me was the lack of good lighting for bedside reading. Internet is free and there is some parking on the hotel property that is free. The staff is amazingly attentive-they seem to want to do things for the quests. Each person I met had a lovely smile and a great attitude. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrea1435
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel Le Bleu is a fun boutique hotel that is absolutely dedicated to the color blue. Just about everything is blue. It is definitely memorable! The coolest part about the room was the shower. The shower is sort of in the middle of the room; you can shower while gazing across your room - perhaps watching TV or looking out at the view of the NYC skyline (a very nice view, if you are on the right side of the hotel!) If you aren't feeling so daring, there is a curtain you can release to cover the glass walls. The shower controls take a bit of study, but once you figure them out, it is an EXCELLENT shower. The shower head is directly overhead, it is big, and the water pressure is fabulous. I enjoyed stretching up as far as I could reach while standing under the spray, and STILL not being able to touch the shower head. I think I could've just stood in that shower for hours, except I started to feel bad about wasting water. There is also a hand-held shower head, in case you want that instead (or in addition to). Shampoo, conditioner, and soap are all shades of blue, of course. The bathroom is also in a glass room, although that glass is heavily fogged. Still, it is a little disconcerting to go to the bathroom when other people are in the room. It doesn't feel terribly private. The bed was quite comfortable, the tv had tons of channels, the wireless was included in the room rate, and the minibar was very, very tempting. It was a really fun room, and I would definitely return. Parking is available, but the lot is small (and my in-laws were convinced that someone had siphoned gas out of their car when they had to park at the far end of the lot.)

Room Tip: We had room #708, and the view of the skyline was excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Stephanie E
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you think that all New Yorkers are rude and uncaring, then you need to visit Hotel Le Bleu. The staff will change your outlook. Amanda and other members of the staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. They were kind, considerate, helpful and very accommodating. They really wanted us to have a great visit. I was ready to invite them to dinner. They are good listeners (which is rare anywhere) and took the time to help with area recommendations, etc. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Very cool appearance. Free snacks and a great balcony view. Did I also mention that free parking was available? Great location! We loved this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul0214
Reviewed March 30, 2013

There are not enough words to express how wonderful my experience was at Hotel Le Bleu. Tarek, Amanda, Roberto and Gelani treat you like family. It is nice to see their faces on a daily basis. They are holding the front door and have elevators waiting for you without fail. I was constantly asking for help getting around and they would print me off subway maps to my exact location and made sure I was comfortable before I set off for my destination. BEST hotel stay I have ever had!! Rooms spacious and clean! The staff is the best in the business!! I can not wait to stay there again next time I visit New York

• Stayed March 2013