“Love is Blue... with spoiler alert.”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having read the many reviews for Hotel Le Blue, I made my reservations with a modicum of uncertainty. I wanted to trust the well-designed website, and those who had enjoyed their stay. I kept my expectations low which always helps. As we arrived, I was happy that the promise of free parking (first come-first served) came true. Spaces are limited, although we were told that there was a garage across the street for $20.00 if need be. The building, (and the neighborhood) are not much to look at; but there's a small glass-enclosed lobby where we were met by a welcoming staff member. With everything in order, we were provided with a key that would be needed to access the elevator (a nice measure of security.) The elevator is cast in a cool blue light -- which turned out to be a harbinger of cool things to come. I don't dazzle easily, but upon entering the room I was, dare I say it -- tickled...blue. The first thing you encounter is the white lacquered furniture, white lucite doors and and fully enclosed glass shower, complete with billowing white curtains giving it an instant bridal-suite meets BattleStar Gallatica feeling. Mind you, the shower appears to stand in the middle of the room; there's a separate small room with the commode; a modern basin style sink is also exposed to the room. Granted, with this style of "facilities" you'd want to be EXTREMELY good friends with your room companion. The king size bed looked as inviting as it turned out to be. And an inset wall light running the length of the headboard also cast the room in a blue haze. Everything was spotless. Returning to the bed -- the main feature of any hotel room: it had a 2 - 3" mattress topper which was definitely akin to laying on a cloud. The linens were crisp and soft at the same time; the pillows quite downey. A pail with two bottles of water and a bag of Pirates Booty was a nice complimentary touch. There was also a basket of treats -- nuts, M & M, Twizzlers available and the price, which at most hotels is ridiculous, here was at $3.00 a snack. (Cheaper than the local movie theater!) There's a mini bar with juices, soda and beer, and a two-cup coffee maker with Starbucks packets. Our room had the terrace and Manhattan view. The terrace was tiny, and the view less than spectacular, but it was a nice place to step out on to as compared to some hotels where you can't even open a window. The drapes were heavy, which kept the room very dark -- not traffic or City or morning lights. The TV was quite impressive since 40 inches and a wall mount still impresses me and Direct TV to boot. We had trouble getting the TV to go on -- and the front desk had someone to our room within 5 minutes to help us figure it out. We were also pleased to find out that the restaurant and bar on the top floors was open for business -- the website said it was closed. Had we known, we might have stayed in for dinner. Our visit up to the lounge for a night cap revealed a wonderful bar, and a really pretty dining room. The friendly bartendress informed us that during the summer months there's even an outdoor terrace to be enjoyed. I was reluctant to write such a detailed review as I didn't want to take away the element of surprise and delight you would have otherwise experienced, and its my hope that I haven't raised your expectations to any level that might result in disappointment, but if things stay as they are, I'm confident you will also be pleasantly surprised. After all, the same hotel room in Manhattan would cost $700. I'd venture that, with mass transit just a few blocks away, it wouldn't be unheard of to stay HERE and commute into the City for a New York weekend. You might even find that the restaurants of Park Slope (read review of Rosewater), the shops of Brooklyn Heights, and the nearby Barclay Center make staying at Hotel Le Bleu the best blue-plate special on your travel menu.

Room Tip: Go for the upper floor, Manhattan view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Imtraveling4u

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights because it was close to a venue we were attending. The staff were friendly and helpful, we slept well, and it was, for us, centrally located.

The glass bathroom was a touch awkward because of privacy issues with the toilet but if one person was in the shower that mitigated that issue. The furniture is showing its age, the TV didn't work and the corridor noise was noticeable but that is common in most hotels. We only noticed the noise during the day when housekeeping was working.

This is a perfectly acceptable hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JoeSanDiegoCA
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I just had the pleasure of speaking with Audrey, a very professional Hotel Le Bleu front desk administrator. At 2:53 a.m. after just completing the second part of a business reservation, tired myself, I called briefly to ask about a subway location closest to the destination, (possible) early check-in and a quick question about room logistics/no-smoking request. I was pleased to find out that the hotel is an entirely smoke-free establishment!

Audrey was extremely patient, taking the time to explain early check-in policies, confirming that the establishment was indeed as beautiful as the photos I saw online and advising that I should get ready to rest up since the queen sized beds were VERY comfortable. I will need this when I arrive after a full day of meetings and more tomorrow!

Audrey - if you're reading this, thank you for your pleasantry and genuine customer interest. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow afternoon - to enjoying my stay at the Hotel Le Bleu!

Cheers -

KLaingRey on business

Room Tip: I would leave this up to the friendly staff..ask them for their suggestions based on what you are lo...
Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank KLaingRey
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The stay here was simply amazing! The staff was friendly and helpful. The amenities was top notch. One of the key things i liked the best was the provision of cab services.Definitely staying there next time I'm in New York

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Tlawson2
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hotel Le Bleu was a great find for a recent apartment-hunting trip to Brooklyn. The price is well below what you would expect in the Brooklyn area. The room was a decent size (considering NY) and very clean with "like new" contemporary furnishings. The staff was exceptionally helpful in answering any questions or calling transportation when needed. We appreciated the complimentary basket of goodies for breakfast each morning. The subway is only a few blocks away and good restaurants within walking distance or a $5-$7 cab ride. The hotel's immediate neighborhood and curb appeal are just so-so, but you will be surprised when you enter your hotel room or travel just a mile or so to visit the trendier part of town for boutique shopping and eating. We stayed three nights and would definitely recommend this hotel for your next visit to this end of town.

Room Tip: Recommend a higher floor. We heard an all-night special event (until 6 a.m. of loud talking and lau...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff were professional, beds comfy and perfect pillows ! This is a great "boutique" hotel. We ate at the rooftop restaurant several nights and we would highly recommend it. The short ribs were to die for! We will be staying there anytime we go to Brooklyn.

Room Tip: Ask for room with manhattan view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I spent three nights at Hotel Le Bleu last week. Such a good experience from the start. Parking just outside the door, friendly and efficient front desk. Because it isn't a huge hotel, there's no long gloomy walk to the room from the elevators. The room is very well-designed and convenient. I liked the blue light in the headboard, also liked that it's possible to turn it off and use regular lamplight. The bathroom design, with the glassed-in shower right in the room is a little unusual but it was just fine for one person. Can't imagine sharing a room with someone with a colleague, but aside from that, it's conceptually very interesting. Big, flat-screen TV in room and an awesome Bose sound system! Complimentary breakfast is brought to the door in a white box with bright blue tissue paper lining. The bagel was fresh, freshly toasted, still warm! The yogurt was good quality, name brand. The staff member who delivered it was gracious and non-intrusive.// I inadvertently left my iPad behind!!!! Front desk called me within a half-hour of my departure (on a Sunday morning, no less!) to say housekeeping had found it! It was Fedexed back to me promptly and I was extremely grateful. I will stay at Hotel Le Bleu again . . . and again . . . and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room in the front overlooks the parking lot and is on a busy street but I didn't hear any street...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo