“Hip, friendly and clean”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Bethany
“Hip, friendly and clean”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I spent a night at Hotel Le Bleu on a work trip. I loved the room - it was hip, attractive and had a spare quality that I love in a hotel as there was no heavy decor that can become a place for dirt to hide. The complimentary continental breakfast included high quality yogurt and local New York bagels The staff was warm, friendly and helpful. To top it all off, there's actually a parking lot (unusual in New York) with free parking for hotel patrons, a close by subway stop and lovely restaurants in the neighborhood. I'll stay there the next time I'm in Brooklyn for work and would love to stay there on a romantic get away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Turkish first
Maryland
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent one night at Hotel Le Bleu to attend a wedding. As many people have remarked, the staff is very warm and helpful. We arrived early and were given a room without waiting. We got a space in their lot, which is first come, first served. The room was not large, but it was very well designed and extremely clean. Great shower, though it took a bit to figure out the adjustments. The much discussed glass wall around the toilet is frosted and though I like my privacy, I didn't mind it a bit, which surprised my husband. There is a Bose sound system with the large flat screen TV, a wardrobe with an iron and a mini safe. The bed was wonderful: fluffy, warm, comfortable, and luxurious. One glitch: in the morning, our neighbor had his television on and we could hear it through the wall. Park Slope is a terrific neighborhood with lots of restaurants of all kinds and the hotel is about a block away from one of the two main streets, so the location is superb.
When I got home, I saw that we had been charged $2.18 for "incidentals." I called and was told it was for a Sprite from the minibar, which we hadn't even opened. I was transferred to the manager and left a message. I got an email the next day saying the charge had been removed and apologizing for the error.
This is a unique, well run hotel. I recommend it highly!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I do not think this place is trendy . I think it masquerades itself as boutique because there is no real quality the place . Here is my take on hotel le bleu .

Pros
1. The subway to manhattan is a few blacks away ( f train). F train goes to manhattan and lower east side .

2. The bed linen is decent .

3. The staff I dealt with we're very pleasant .

4. Free wifi

5. Windows that open.

Cons

1. Rooms are not well maintained ( see photos). Not in terms of cleanliness but in terms of scratched furniture and dirty carpets.

2. An ugly glass bathroom in the middle of a room is gimmicky and in my opinion dates the place.

3. It next to uhaul and a taxi park . So at night it's quite lonely.

4. No gym. There is an associated gym but not so easy to use late at night .

5. Only option for breakfast is in a box . Who wants nasty per packed breakfast in a box ????

• Stayed February 2013
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2013

While hotel Le Bleu may not appear to be the most likely hotel for business travelers, this recently transplanted New Yorker stays here 9-12 nights a month when back in the city for work and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay. In addition to its chic decor, proximity to everything Brooklyn and subways to get you anywhere else in the city, the staff given new meaning to hospitality. Greg, the manager, welcomes me "home" whenever he sees me, Roberto greets me by name on my arrival, Amanda and Audrey at the front desk are unfailingly upbeat and haven't met a question they can't assist with, and Carmen and Vicky never miss my request for an extra early breakfast. It is truly a pleasure to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Been to a number of hotels around the area for a few years when I visit and have always found this one to be the best in terms of location, amenities and service. Love the breakfast service. Only issue is lack of exercise facilities that you find in other hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 26, 2013

What a welcoming place for a little family reunion weekend in New York. Our son and girlfriend live in Brooklyn and this was the closest and most convenient hotel. Hotel LeBleu has a very cool bleu design concept but what makes it stand out is the genuine friendliness and engaging staff. For non New Yorkers we tend to anticipate surly "what are you lookin' at" attitude in the Big Apple. The Hotel LeBleu staff did not get that memo for certain. On a rainy, cold, windy Saturday, their warmth lit up the lobby. We arrived well before our 3 pm reserved check-in and they went out of their way to open a room so we could dry off, warm up and change clothes. Amanda secured our bags, lent us an umbrella and recommended the charming Stone House restaurant for lunch a short walk away and one of my son's faves. Order the Bloody Mary at the bar while you wait for a table, and it went very well with an authentic Brooklyn bagel before our brunch.
Although our room faced the busy 4th avenue side, (the back is said to be quieter) the room fan provided enough "white noise." But it was the bed that clearly shows how much LeBleu has invested in ensuring you enjoy a good night's sleep. Real, substantial pillows cradle your head and the coverlet gives you just the right amount of warmth while you luxuriate on the mattress.
I had planned to get up early both days but rolled over for more zzzzs. Fortunately the knock on the door with our ordered continental breakfast woke us up in time. Again, the complimentary toasted bagels are chewy and delicious. The coffee maker has full packets to brew Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea, both top shelf choices.
I have read the concerns about the frosted glass walls in the bathroom but it was not a big deal, and my wife draped a towel for more privacy. The shower is substantial with great force, and they are environmentally friendly with full-sized shampoo and conditioner in holders rather than those little wasteful bottles.
Talk about service, on the walk to the restaurant Saturday my wife realized she had lost a glove somewhere and we searched for it all the way back to LeBleu after lunch. When we returned to the lobby of the hotel Amanda was checking in another customer, and we heard her ask if the women had lost a glove. She had been asking everyone who came into the lobby and it turned out to be my wife's. She was overjoyed.
LeBleu has a restaurant and a roof top lounge but there are also great local restaurants everywhere in the neighborhood. And the hotel is a short walk to the subway stop at 4th and 9th with convenient access to Manhattan and Queens and other Brooklyn destinations.
Speaking of cool restaurants if you like authentic German fare be sure to go to Buschenshank and for an outstanding brunch in a replica country french garden cafe, LePetit Cafe is only a 20 minute walk through the charming Brooklyn brownstone neighborhoods.
Hotel LeBleu helped us arrange Eastern car service from the airport and back and we highly recommend it for affordable comfort.

Audrey cheerfully checked us out on Monday morning and had helped answer my wife's telephone questions in advance of our visit and had suggested the car service.

The hotel staff proudly told us their goal was to be the number one hotel in Brooklyn and for the value, comfort, and service they have my vote. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ontheroadlesstravele
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very nice hotel and fairly nicely priced. Free breakfast delivered to you room everyday (Choice of Muffin, Croissant or bagel with choice of butter, yogurt, jelly or Cream cheese). Staff are extremely nice. located close (1 block over) to Park Slope.

Room Tip: some rooms have a small balcony