“Great Boutique Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
Caribbean
“Great Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for five nights and we really liked it. Check-in was easy and we took the elevator up to our floor. The room was well-appointed - coffee maker, small fridge, I THINK there was a microwave, flatscreen tv, usual cable channels (including one that I swear was Australian!), robes, rack, and free wi-fi!!

The bed was a king-size as we had requested and it was very comfortable. The bathroom - sigh - read any of my other reviews and you'll know that I am fascinated by hotel bathrooms!! This one was IN the room - meaning there was no door to open and enter in - the bathroom was right there. All that separated the shower and the bedroom was a glass wall. Now granted, I really didn't mind - there was a waterproof curtain you could pull all around. The sink was next to the bedside table - but the commode??? I like my privacy when having delicate bathroom moments. This set-up made sure I didn't have any. Let's just say my boyfriend and I got closer. Ha.

Anyhoo - we enjoyed a simple breakfast each day, free and delivered to our room. We just checked off what we wanted on the card and hung it on the outside doorknob. You could have croissants, muffins, jam, cream cheese, butter, yogurt and that's about it. Enough to get you started on your day.

Staff was VERY helpful, kind, pleasant and even funny! No over-chatting, but nothing curt for you to feel a-how.

The location is fine, Park Slope, really - right next door is a yellow-cab depot, higher up a laundromat and then the subway. Across the street is a McDonalds (if you are into that sort of thing) and on 5th avenue over is some sweet clothes shopping, your usual CVS, and Brooklyn Bread Cafe (WONDERFUL for an amazing breakfast, pastries and coffee).

Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Jasmine, We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Turkish first
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We couldn't believe how friendly and helpful the staff was at Hotel le Bleu. We had some noisy band members arrive next door at 3 AM after their gig and the night clerk immediately went up to ask them to tone it down teling me they had "zero tolerance" for disturbing other guests. I over heard the morning clerk happily taking orders for breakfast over the phone at 8 AM even though guest are normally asked to hang their requests on the door before 2 AM. Nobody was waiting around for tips so we didn't even get a chance to tip people during our stay--they were come and gone so quickly. We had to tip them all in a lump sum as we left. I mean it, the staff does a great job at Hotel Le Bleu and are happy doing it. We would definitely return. By the way, the beds are out of this world--much better than at home!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Joan, Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is in a great location near Park Slope in Brooklyn. It was recommended by a fellow business associate and I am glad I took him up on it and stayed here. It is a contemporary style hotel like an "Aloft" brand hotel if that helps with a comparison. It was clean, quiet, in a great location, free continental breakfast brought to your room, and free internet and parking.

The best part about my stay was how awesome the staff was. Very welcoming and friendly during checkin, and still awesome at check out. Even before I got there, they were very helpful when I found a "web special" price AFTER I had booked at a higher per night rate. I called and they had no issues changing my reservation to the lower rate. Even after I had confirmation of my new reservation, the hotel still called me back one more time to make sure I knew I was all set once it hit their computers. That's going above and beyond to me.

If you have a car though, they do have VERY limited parking so keep that in mind. They do tell you on their site as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris R
Chris, We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts. Feel free to contact the hotel directly to plan your next at Hotel Le Bleu !
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great hotel. Location is very convenient (30 minutes to Rockefeller Plaza by train). Great, comfy bed. HBO. Free continental breakfast delivered straight to your door. Great, very helpful staff. Free parking (!). Nice showers. Free Wi-fi. Reasonable prices for in-room snacks and drinks. The only reason why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 are some stains on the carpet in the room (304). That wasn't cool... but at the same time, next time I will need to be on business in Manhattan, I will definitely stay there again. (I would give 4,5 stars, but you can't do it on tripadvisor).

Room Tip: I would stay on higher floors, because there you can get a very nice view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kpzkpzkpz
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

While they're aren't many choices in this area, this hotel hit the spot for us when we needed a place to stay for a wedding. Clean, quiet, very contemporary, great little free in-room continental breakfast, and free on-site parking. Staff is well trained and very pleasant. Overall a great little place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Woofus25
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here with two girlfriends as we were in town visiting friends and kids. Not ideal for friends considering the lack of privacy in the bathroom but place was fine -- clean, comfortable and we appreciated the in-room coffee (which they replenished for us), waters, and delivered breakfast. Didn't like the limited parking (lot was full when we arrived) and thought the place seemed rather active late at night, but noise levels were fine and a fun place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KellyGrantSmith
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Kelly, Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We just returned from our trip to NYC. We stayed at the hotel for one entire week. My husband, mother and granddaughter shared one double room. We loved the room and our stay was wonderful. The staff was very professional and went out of their way to make our stay very pleasant. I cannot praise them enough, Whenever we needed something, they were at the door within minutes. If you chose not to eat breakfast at the hotel, one block away, there are many places to eat. The subway is very convient and a short walk. But, most important, the room was very clean. On our last day, the hotel staff got transportation for us to JFK airport. Were we surprised to see a limo!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a clean and pleasant place to stay while visiting New York. Thank you Hotel Le Bleu.

M. Oswald

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MiriamO
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, September 15, 2012