“A night before an Atlantic crossing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A night before an Atlantic crossing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

You could not do better than to stay the night at Le Bleu before returning to the UK on the QM 2 and the value at just over £ 100 for 2 is outstanding.
The area may be a bit industrial but it is only a short distance from 5 th Avenue with a large selection of places to eat or just to buy a snack. We were on the second floor so did not get much of a view but then we were only staying one night.
We are both in our 70's and even at 89 F could manage the walk to the Sub way station and enjoyed a trip to Coney Island and Prospect Park, a place I did not expect to find in New York.
The bathroom arrangements are a bit novel for people of our age, but with the shower curtain is pulled it is quite private enough. The bed could not be bettered.
Make sure that you take a CD with you so that you can try the Bose audio system, the TV is excellent its a pity about the rubbish that the poor Americans have to put up with thank God for the BBC.
The car and driver the hotel ordered for us provided us with friendship and amusement to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and the hotel staff could not be better.
Make sure you go to the bar at the top of the buliding for a drink and to take in the view.
For all the moaning minnies ref the problem with debit cards MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A CREDIT CARD then you will not have a problem.

Well done to all those who provide the Le Bleu experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has the worst policy I have ever heard of. They do not accept DEBIT cards. I paid for two nights at this hotel before my arrival and used my debit card. I actually spoke with a staff member who never said on the phone that I would need to give them a credit card at check in that was not a debit card. I traveled to NY with two debit cards and plenty of cash. It took a very long time to check in because I had to have my daughters friend drive to the hotel so they could swipe her card for possible "incidentals". The whole thingwas humiliating and is a totally ridiculous policy. I have traveled the world and never experienced this. To make matters worse the first day at the hotel I left my room at 9:30 and spent a long day in the city to arrive back in my room at 4:30 and it had not been cleaned yet. That took another 40 minutes till I was able to return to my room. This hotel is NOT worth the $279 per night that I spent. The owner of the rooftop restaurant was a doll and had seen how I had been treated and offered me a complimentary glass of wine at the rooftop bar. That was very nice and I would recommend his restaurant. He knows about customer service!!!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. We strive to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed. I have passed your comments on to Corporate Office. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.
Alexandria, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were delighted with Hotel Le Bleu! Staff is knowledgeable, friendly and competent. Decor is clean, neat and visually pleasing. Amenities are aplenty. And, the rooftop restaurant, altho not owned by the hotel, is pleasant a well. We will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Hotel LeBlue offers excellent guest rooms and superior service. The room was sparkling clean, had tons of ammenities, and the world's most comfortable bed! The concierge and front desk were extremely helpful and pleasant. They were always available and had swift responses to any requests. This is a truly clean and relaxing hotel. I left feeling refreshed and re-charged. Also, excellent service and food in
the upstairs restaurant, with beautiful views of both Brooklyn and Manhattan. Would stay here again over any Manhattan Hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Staff and hotel appointments are excellent. The staff can't do enough for you. The hotel is perhaps one of the better choices for a Park Slope destination. But the actual location is in a pretty sketchy area - next to a taxi distribution center, a u haul facility and a Staples store. Not attractive, but we did not have any trouble in the area -it is safe just not attractive. We would and will stay there again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Leigh H,
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I just checked out this morning and already am a bit sad to leave this lovely hotel as none others on this trip have compared. I was moving my daughter to Brooklyn and we arrived a bit disheveled and loaded down with boxes. The staff were exceptional in greeting us and arranging to store our boxes for the night. Each time I came "home" I was greeted by my first name. Honestly, this place was a respit from a very busy city.

Super comfy beds, great linens, fun decor and a quiet room was provided as well as the ability to park my car. The breakfast hit the spot each morning, the flat screen tv was nice, the complimentary water and snacks and Starbucks coffin the room made my stay super easy.

I will without a doubt return AND can definately recommend this hotel. Thank you staff for making my stay so wonderful!

Room Tip: Oops, no pool or fitness center, can't erase it though. :)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it. Hotel Le Bleu and its staff appreciates your positive feedback.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

We found our stay at le bleu very comfortable.after a initial hiccup on the first evening with the night receptionist.my family and I enjoyed our stay we have been coming to new York for over 15 years, and the location was very convenient . Location is ideal and it is to be remembered you are staying in the big apple where buildings are squeezed in tightly. Stores are only a 5 minute walk away and if you require ice it is brought up to you in a matter of minutes.we would like to thank Jonathan and Roberto for making are stay near perfect

• Stayed May 2012
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, May 27, 2012