“A+ on atmosphere”

Juliette
Ranked #57 of 5,673 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a French inspired, Brooklyn Neighborhood Bistro. We serve our own twist on classic Bistro fare in a casual relaxed atmosphere. We offer alfresco dining on both our rooftop terrace and side walk cafe or enjoy our indoor garden and cozy wine room. Get happy at our main bar Monday- Friday from 5pm- 8pm with daily specials.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

So nice to enjoy brunch outdoors on a sunny day in Brooklyn! Juliette Cafe and Bar has deck seating at tables with umbrellas when it's nice outside and when it's not, the indoor seating is also pleasant, with high ceilings and lots of wood and greenery. The service is good and the food is imaginative and nicely presented. My omelette was tasty but cold, alas.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Saturday night sitting with another couple. They don't take reservations for less than 5 or 6 I think. So we just rocked up and got a table immediately.

We were seated in the back yard-like area, very cool. Flowers all over the place. Loved it.

Very well informed waiter, who was very pleasant, well mannered and patient. He kindly asked if anyone had any questions on the menu. This is important in this restaurant as the menu isn't that intuitive when you read it.

I had a rabbit & pasta dish for starters. It was delicious. For the mains I had this chicken breast that came on top of some kind of puree. The puree was too much. A spoonful would have being sufficient. Another member of my party had a nice steak, another had lamb and it was delicious. The waiter asked for his feedback after as he had been the first to order it that night. Shows how serious they take their business.

This restaurant had a nice European feel to it. A very "foodie" place. One criticism was the menu was double dutch to me. But in fairness the waiter did ask if we had any questions. But still....unless they are going to go line by line through each item. I'd like to not feel like an idiot when reading a menu.

Overall, great experience. Would definitely return again. About $240 for 4 including wine.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Really cute atmosphere, good service, good food. Always a safe option if you are in the neighborhood - very consistent.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

For the perfect afternoon in Williamsburg, climb the stairs at Juliette for a fantastic rooftop experience. The drinks are handcrafted and delicious. For drinks, the Chaleur Tropicale is an exquisite spicy not to fruity margarita. The fried rock shrimp w/ fried string beans is paired with a spicy sriracha mayo. A side order of 'frites' was just right with fresh, skin-on potatoes and herbs. Make sure to ask for mustard to dip your fries. A true french experience. Lucky for us the raw bar is now open. Although we'd arrived early, we had to stay and wait for the raw bar to open. It was well worth it. The Peruvian ceviche and the Yellowfin Tuna with spicy mustard oil were both plentiful and very fresh. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I initially had many lovely things to say about Juliette - until the end of our meal.

We arrived at 8pm on a Friday night for dinner on the welcoming patio. Our party of three waited for about 10 minutes before we were seated. We were promptly and joyfully greeted and our cocktails ($12 cocktails) were brought promptly. After finishing our burgers, we were offered to view te dessert menu, much like other restaurants. Here is where it went downhill...

After declining dessert, our waiter brought the $85 tab - we paid, left a 20% tip because that was the caliber of service we had, and continued on finishing catching up with an old friend. About 5 minutes later, the waiter came by and picked up the tip. A long time server myself, this is highly frowned upon. Approximately 5 minutes later, after sitting there for ten minutes after we paid, our waiter, as friendly as he could, invited us "to enjoy cocktails and conversation at the bar downstairs because they needed that table for other paying customers." I informed him that we indeed were paying customers and would like 10 minutes at the table we've already paid for. Truth be told, we're were actually about to leave. Another 5 minutes goes by and a second waitress comes by and asks for our table again. We also inform her that we are paying patrons to this restaurant and will be leaving when we're ready. Another 5 minutes goes by and the hostess comes by and says "look, we need your table because we have a long wait and if you're not going to spend any more money, you need to leave. We're trying to make money here."

Never in my life. We left after we were ready to leave seeing only one party of 3 at the door. I decided to inform the manager of the ongoings of her patio. She attempted to rectify the situation but by that point, it was clear that paying customers, such as myself, weren't welcome so we chose to leave.

Never will I be back to the luring patio of Juliette's, no matter how welcoming the environment seems to be.

Total time spent at Juliette's: 1 hr, 45 min.

1  Thank KimmerWB