“Great staff-clean rooms”

Ranked #31 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
custer, MI
“Great staff-clean rooms”
Reviewed October 30, 2009

I stayed here for 11 nights while working on the NY transit. Very close to the coney Island shop and a good area for Brooklyn. The staff made you feel at home.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Douglas H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
flint
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We were in Brooklyn for a wedding. This was the only place close to where the reception was being held... We found the place to be clean and the staff very very pleasant... However the rooms are so small, I have never stayed in a hotel with such small rooms... And the parking is really not very spacious at all.. I think I would stay there again, but bring less luggage and only two adults to a room...

w

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cs103158
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 22, 2009

The front desk service was great. The maids and maintance were friendly. The breakfast bar had more than usual for free breakfast (rugula,fruit, banana bread, danish ,bagels and more) The room was big enough my family (wife, teen, & 8 yr old son). We had a room on the water side 3rd floor.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank T0m_A
New York
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I had to leave my apartment for several days due to renovations. Having stayed at other places in the neighborhood there (near my weekend business meetings), I was wary, but what I expected would be a pain turned out to be a pleasure. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and nice, the place was quiet and convenient (right by the Nostrand Ave. bus stop and another bus, too, and with terrific restaurants nearby as well as decent stores within walking distance even on a really rainy day). Again, I've tried other places nearby but this is much, much better. I didn't have a car but this is right off the Belt Parkway with good access to JFK airport, Long Island, southern Queens, Staten Island and an easy car trip to Manhattan if you're inclined to drive into the city. There were visitors here from several foreign countries who seemed happy.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Dumbobooks
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Initially I was a bit hesitant about this hotel after reading some of the other reviewers, but since I didnt get a better deal for the thanksgiving 2008 , I stayed with this reservation and I am glad I did it.
So first of all- little introduction- I am an Ex New Yorker and wanted to show NY to my wife and meet my friends etc. I didnt want to pay extra $$$ for the manhattan hotels, since its not a big deal commuting to the city from Brooklyn.
Now , about the hotel - Its very very clean and the customer service is excellent. Room was big and house keeping too is excellent. They got their own parking lot, a microwave and cafeteria for breakfast in the basement. Breakfast has free cereals bagels , coffee etc etc ++ they got fitness center too in the basement. Subway is a 20mins walk or just a B4 bus to sheepshead bay . the bus stops right infront of hotel !! After having so much of comfort I am just wondering if I am missing anything..
Oh, One thing - the shower wasnt dispensing the water with high pressure . It was kind of OK bath..
Also , these guys got a free internet wireless ( unsecured) + internet access and printer in the lobby. There were NO bedbugs any where - since i stayed for a week and saw / felt nothing. My recommendation is to ask for 2nd or 3rd floor rooms. The ones in the basement didnt look so great..
If you are trying to book , go through the bestwestern's site so that u can cancel the reservations 24hrs prior to the date Unlike the orbitz / expedia non refund policiess.. All in all - a great place to stay !! Greatly recommended. (BTW _ I didnt have the review in mind , so the pic is just to get an idea )

• Liked — cleanliness, customer service
  • Disliked — shower, elevator is new but slow.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Aveldon22
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We visit Brooklyn each year (family in Coney Island), and previously stayed at a Best Western in Bayridge. This property is certainly closer, but we are not sure we will go back. The room was very small. The breakfast was just fair... not many fresh ingredients, coffee is from a machine (instead of fresh brew), juices are concentrates, pastries are Pillsbury pre-packaged and dry.

We have young kids and we prefer a hotel that has some additional ammenities (like a restaurant or a bar), to get a quick bite for the kids or a little relaxation for us. Wireless internet and parking are pretty much the only noteworthy ammenities.

We appreciated the free parking, and that might make us choose this BW over the one in Bayridge. My only complain about parking is that the hotel puts a numerical code on your parking card, which clearly shows what room you are in. I have concerns about the safety of that practice (and have contacted BW about it).

• Liked — Free parking.
  • Disliked — Very small room.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alexandria., VA
Reviewed February 9, 2008

BEDBUGS! Everything else was OK, rating 3-4, but when I got home I had a delayed reaction, about 40 horrible itchy bites that two weeks later still itch. Diagnosis: bedbug bites. I could have gotten them nowhere else. I do not blame the management who, after I complained, said they had regular exterminators come to deal with any such problem. However, obviously this is not 100% effective and the consequences are so unpleasant I would not chance it. The management after my complaint offered me a 30% discount on a future stay, No way will there be a future stay

• Liked — The location was very convenient, and except for the bedbugs, it was a very good price for NY.
  • Disliked — Bedbugs!!!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple