“Forget the fork I wanted to eat my dish with my hands.” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Good Fork
Ranked #169 of 5,292 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Forget the fork I wanted to eat my dish with my hands.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

From the moment I walked in I knew it was going to be a great experience. First of all the place was packed full of people; a very good sign. My friends and I were seated right a way and the service was attentive. I loved the coziness of the place and the welcoming atmosphere. They had my favorite Korean dish on the menu, Bi Bim Bop. It was like I was back in Seoul again.

• Visited April 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“Our Favorite Restaurant in Brooklyn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is a real winner. Though off the beaten path (you definitely need to drive or take a taxi), it is so worth the trip. The food is wonderful farm-to-table, but incredibly inventive. Also, the service is great, especially the attention paid by the host Ben. Go go go!

• Visited June 2011
new york, n.y
“Excellent Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

We chose The Good Fork because of its good reputation for food as well as reasonable prices. It was a little out of the way for us in Red Hook but we wanted to try something new.
The owner was very friendly from giving us directions to helping us order. They did say everything was good and it was but I went with the duck confit which was the the most delicious I've ever tried. It was served medium rare with French lentils and scallions. The sauce was tasty but subtle. My husband and I split a beet salad the was good but perhaps a little too cold.
My husband as a vegetarian loved the ravioli served with hot and baked with a creamy looking cheese sauce on top. I thought the deserts were good but not up to the rest of the meal. I has a chocolate bread pudding which was a little too dense and sweet. My husbands apple pie looked impressive but tasted just good not as great as it looked.
We loved the ambiance; a combination of homey, pretty and unique. We felt like we were eating in another part of the country. The service was very good as well. All in all we loved it.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank myrabetty
New York City, New York
“This American Bistro with Korean influences is well worth the trip to Red Hook”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Red Hook is an interesting section of Brooklyn.Home to Ikea and Fairway.If you are in Manhattan ,the most enjoyable way to get there is the Ikea ferry from Wall Street. Once you are there The Good Fork is a few short blocks away on Van Brundt the main drag. The decor is interesting, it's like being in the bowels of a wooden sailing ship.The food is excellent, Korean influenced American Bistro. Reasonably priced with attentive service

• Visited November 2011
Brooklyn, New York
“Charming below the radar restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

You'll need a car to get to the Good Fork but it's worth the trip. It's one of those charming, off the beaten path places that adventurous diners and travelers love to find. It's romantic and quirkly at the same time. Best of all is the great food and service. This is a chef-owned restaurant and the attention put into the food really slows. I've always had a great meal and great service here. Highly recommend !

• Visited May 2011