“Special specials”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Place
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've been here a few times and have never been disappointed. Last night I had the scallop special with fennel puree, and grapefruit salad. Sooo good. Also their razzberry mojito, - yes. Other nights I have had their little plates - 4 for 12 dollars, and the variety is wonderful. I don't understand why some people have complained about the service; I have always found it quite good. The waitress is attentive, gives good recommendations, is cheerful, and the food comes out in a timely manner. The atmosphere is low key and comfortable, and the prices, for the neighborhood, are very good.

1  Thank JR E
There are newer reviews for Miriam

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The food was absolutely delicious - especially the labneh and herbed eggs! Unfortunately, terrible service affected, what could have been, a fabulous experience. Our water glasses were laced with lipstick prints, and when asked for new drinks, our waitress sighed as if our request was an inconvenience. Her attitude left much to be desired in the way of personality and enthusiasm. We'd have just as well gone back to the kitchen to retrieve our dishes ourselves. The young man who delivered our meals was much more pleasant, and I'm certain that he didn't benefit from our tip. I certainly hope that we caught the staff of Miriam on an off day, and that this type of service isn't customary.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have been to Miriam's twice for dinner, and both times it was outstanding and very consistent.
We ordered the chicken with couscous, and it was cooked to perfection. Also, the spinach-lentil soup was delicious - just the right amount of spice. I have heard that their brunch is amazing - will have to try that next time, as I'm sure that it will be.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Came here with my wife and son after a tough week of work and the waitress who despite being new had the attitude of a crusty veteran. Refused to let us order an egg on the side for our toddler even though it is on the menu. She said it would be sitting right on top of the dish in the middle of the main dish. Nice.

Never came around for coffee refills or bothered to check if everything was alright.

The rest of the staff seems to focus on chatting with each other rather than focusing on customers.

I would never come here again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

There are few things as satisfying as an Israeli breakfast - delicious food to share, good conversation with friends and family. Well, Miriam gets the first half right. The food is close to authentic Israeli - salads, shakshuka, sabich - all delicious. The pita is perfect. The only tough part is the conversation - they pack em in at Miriams for brunch so the place is loud and crowded - like the shuk in Tel Aviv. Still, come early, come often. The food is excellent - a taste of Israel in Park Slope.

3  Thank BroadOakPS