“2 blocks away! 2 blocks...”
Review of Applewood - CLOSED

Applewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2007

2 blocks away! 2 blocks away!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2007

Lovely food, lovely service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Best restaurant in Brooklyn. Period.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 16, 2007

We were visiting our daughter in Brooklyn and ate at Applewood one night. It was a very enjoyable experience, start to finish. The setting is attractive, the waitstaff was welcoming and helpful and the menu was interesting. We each ordered something different, from drinks through dessert, and everyone was very pleased with their food. One had scallops, one lamb and one pork, and each was delicious (yes, we did some sampling). I don't care for pork on the rarer side no matter how carefully it was raised, and the server never made me feel that I was a food moron for requesting a greater degree of doneness. Portions were ideal--I like things sized a little smaller so that I can enjoy an appetizer and an entree. It was a great meal in pleasant surroundings, and we will definitely be eating there again when we go back to NYC! (By the way, if you like cocktails and it's on the menu, try a sour cherry sidecar!)

Reviewed February 3, 2007

Went to Applewood in Park Slope, Brooklyn last night (Feb 3) for the umpteenth time - some highlights
- the maple syrup makers mark manhattan's are liquid crack - so good I can't find words
to do them proper justice.
- the lobster appetizer w/lardons was killer
- the sea trout w/avocado mousse was like buttery sashimi - the fish just the freshest
- the goat was among the best dishes I've ever had there

The place was packed all night and the front of house staff were simply grace under pressure - they make you feel like you're in their home. And of course the wait staff was first rate as usual.

I eat out frequently enough to always be able to make comparisons to Applewood, both in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Simply put, it's the best of the best.

1  Thank livetotravel