“Nice and Quiet Hotel”
Review of Park House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Park House Hotel
Ranked #36 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while visiting some family in Boro Park last month. We were pleasantly surprised by how cool this hotel was during the recent heatwave. Also, there are plenty of delightful restaurants within walking distance and the friendly staff tried very hard to please us throughout our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Solomon M

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lets start with the positives since that will be the shorter of the two paragraphs. The room sizes are great. We stayed in a deluxe suite the the room was huge. There was plenty of space for a large family. The other positive of the hotel was the staff. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Because of these two things I gave the hotel one "star" Now on to the indifferent and not so good.

The indifference is the area the hotel is located. Its Borough Park. It is very Hassidic. So in the area there is not much to do. If you want to see Brooklyn you will have to get a cab or take public transportation. If you have to stay in the area and keep kosher then this hotel is a choice as they serve an average breakfast which is included in the stay. The other thing is that the halls often smelled like cigarette smoke. The room smelled ok so this was not a big deal, just an observation.

We stayed in a renovated room for what it is worth. If renovated means the room looks 10-15 years old as opposed to from the early 1900's when the place was built then ya it was renovated. The furniture looked worn and was scratched up. The beds were very very uncomfortable. They were very firm, probably a little less firm then sleeping on the floor. I say beds because the room has two full size beds. There are no rooms with king beds. We have a small child who sleeps with us when we travel so my wife and I had to sleep in separate beds. The was facing the street and it was very very loud outside. There was only one small TV set in the "living room" section of the suite (none in the bedroom). The TV only broadcast over the air signals which was basically ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and about 8 Spanish speaking channels. If it rained the signal would go out.

The bathroom was somewhat newish looking. It was clean which is a plus but the water pressure in the showed was horrendous. Lastly when we arrived at the hotel we were informed that the elevator was out. They did offer a 10% discount but it would have been nice if before our stay they would have called and told us that the elevator was out to give us an opportunity to change hotels. If I had a physical condition or injury that would not allow me to climb stairs I would have been screwed.

Overall we had a bad experience and would never go back to this hotel again. We paid 167$ a night which for the room may have been a good deal but the room looked nothing like the pictures on the website and I would have gladly paid 30-50$ more a night for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank gimlet72
ParkHouseHotelBklyn, Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback on the great service, cleanliness and value of the hotel. We strive to satisfy our guests in all aspects of their stay, and we are sorry that you were unhappy with the neighborhood. Many guests, however, like the safe and quiet residential feel of the area, allowing them to come and go freely without worry. We are also sorry you were not aware of the elevator renovations prior to your stay, and we therefore extended you a 10% discount. We do value comments from our guests, and take them under careful consideration when initiating new policies and procedures. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Waved stayed for a week. It was nice and clean.
Grate breakfast and the room was big and comfortable.
Servos was nice as weel. I've loved it. And we well be back as soon as pas.
Want else do I kneed to say. Go there when you can.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Matatyahu B
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here when I came to Brooklyn in October 2012 to see Barbra Streisand! Best trip of my life. The staff here was very helpful, especially an asian girl at the front desk. She lent me the electric burner and helped me find a cab :) the breakfast was very good also. A gem of a hotel, safe and clean. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Barbra1313
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a great stay here. It was my first time in NY. I was there to visit my girlfriend and to spend new years eve there. The room was big and nice. Everything was good. The staff was really nice. Everything was very clean and well kept. I have nothing negative to say about this place because there was nothing negative about it. Its also very close to the 50th st subway station. Next time I come to NY, I will most likely stay at this place again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank timboslice1985
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at the Park House Hotel over New year (2012-2013) and were pleasantly surprised. After searching high and low for a hotel relatively near Manhattan for new year which was under £300 a night we decided to take a risk by booking the Park House, as we had never stayed in Brooklyn before. The decor isn't for everyones taste but the hotel is charming and has character. The staff were friendly and attentive and you didn't have to wait for a lift. You also get free Wifi and breakfast is included, including fresh waffles, toast, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea etc, not something offered by many hotels. The subway is literally 2 minutes walk away and we were in Park Slope in under 10 minutes, which is filled with restaurants and bars. It takes around 15-20 minutes to get to Manhattan from the hotel depending on trains, which ran regularly, which was perfect. The hotel is located in a Jewish community, we are not Jews ourselves but never felt uncomfortable, and the area seemed safe. You are also provided with a fridge etc in your room so we were able to keep water, juice etc for our stay.

There were no lines to check in or out, which was a refreshing change, I feel for the price of this hotel it really is a good find.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SarahLeanneG
Reviewed December 21, 2012

It is a very nice family hotel. Friendly staff that is willing to making your stay very comfortable. We stayed on the 3rd floor where our room had a kitchen that contained a refrigerator and a hotplate. Not many hotels come that equip. House keeping is also great. Thumbs up to Park House.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family