“very cool experience”
Review of Park House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Park House Hotel
Ranked #36 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This hotel caters to a unique clientele of mostly orthodox Jews. I am not one of this group, but I still really enjoyed my stay. I stayed there 3 nights because I wanted a clean moderately priced hotel while I was in town helping my son get an apartment in Brooklyn. If you are not an Orthodox Jew and you do not mind being in the minority, this hotel is great. It is clean, unique, good large rooms. Also an awesome breakfast. Everyone that works there was really nice to me. Staying there was like being in another world for a guy from the Midwest. It is different for sure. If you like things the same in your life go to Courtyard or Hampton Inn for more money. If you want to try something different, come here. I liked it and would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank josh c

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for over 30 years and I have appreciated all the new updating and renovations! They are beautiful.
This trip was just such a lovely experience and we highly recommend it.
Clean, beautiful bathroom and updated decor and we can't wait to go back!
Extremely friendly and accommodating front desk staff!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah3784
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My family stayed in one of Park House's "suites" and we were immensely impressed.
The master bedroom is huge with lovely furnishings. The beds are large with beautiful bedspreads & comfy pillows. The living area was comfortable with a couch & recliner and the eating area had everything we needed. The bathroom was spotlessly immaculate & actually looked new with plenty of fresh towels & toiletries. The staff was was very friendly & I highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in Boro Park.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room next to the coffee room & thought it may be noisy but we barely heard a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Regy5
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Do not pass up this family friendly hotel--it is a rare find ! We stayed for 4 nights due to a blackout in our hometown. When we arrived at night--4 tired children and 2 stressed out adults-- we were greeted by friendly, helpful front desk staff and given a fabulous, SUPER CLEAN,
l a r g e room. Our spacious room was very nicely appointed with 2 closets & dressers, comfy beds, an abundance of towels/pillows (didn't have to ask for more), an ample kitchen/dining area, and a newly renovated tile and granite bathroom (with a glass tile border). There are thoughtful amenities like a hot water urn in the room, 2 luggage racks instead of 1, a full size fridge, an in-room safe, ceiling fans, and reading lights above the beds. A beautiful breakfast is served daily including eggs, cheeses, salads, fruits, hot cereals -- far, far exceeding the regular fare offered by most buffets. The staff was so kind and went out of their way to help us out--even offering us the opportunity to stay beyond our original reservation (and they were fully booked) and allowing us to update them as our power company updated us on electric restoration. The location is fantastic; close to many restuarants, shopping, and the subway. It is easy to find street parking on the block (we used our car 3 times and never had trouble). The rates are unbeatable in NYC. We have travelled extensively and stayed in many luxury hotels and while we didn't come for a vacation, it turned into one! We would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Chana E
Reviewed October 31, 2011

enjoyed our stay there immensely.the family run hotel takes you in, and treats you like part of their family.everyone is cheerful and helpful even with my kids running around in the lobby. the breakfast was delicous-bread,rolls,vegatable salads,fruit salad,yogurt,cottage cheese,hard cheese,pickles,olives,hot peppers,blintzes,eggs,cold cereals,juices and danishes.the rooms were comfortable with a kitchenette and full fridge. the staff brought me an iron,board and blow dryer promptly when i requested them.the disposable toothbrushes in the bathroom were a lifesaver as a couple of my kids forgot to pack their own. we will definitely be back

Room Tip: the rooms on the 4th floor and in the back are the quietest
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rgrs24
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Ignore the other reviews. Every room was renovated. And I could not have asked for a better stay. I travel plenty and I was nervous after reading the reviews as to what to expect. But I have to say it was a great experience. Front desk were very helpful. Room felt new and updated and is huge you feel like your in a Jr. suite. Breakfast was very tasty and a huge variety. Food in the area being that its located in a hasidic area is just about all kosher restaurants But prices and taste were good. Subway is a block away. And best of all price was great. There is nothing left say but that this hotel is a GEM.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank abetr
Reviewed October 13, 2011

80% of my job is travel so believe me when I say this is a rare find in Brooklyn. I had a spacious 2 room suite with wonderfully comfortable beds at an unbelievable price. The room and hallways were updated and tastefully decorated. I had living a area with a granite top kitchen, leather sofa, flat screen TV and table and chairs and a big plus was an ample desk with internet to work. The service is impeccable and I felt right at home and cared for which is so rare for these times. The hotel is located in a nice safe neighborhood, close to the train and there are plenty of restaurants and shops to visit. You would be foolish to pass up on this great hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business