See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2018

If you dont want to spend so much money in NY choose this place. We had deluxe room with 2 queen size beds and large wardrobe. Bathroom is shared and not always perfectly clean but it depens with who you stay there at the moment. Simple breakfast in near restaurant is included in the price and metro station that connects you to the Manhattan is 5 minutes from the hotel. There is also a gym and pool that you can use it for free but we didnt have time for it. Also some shops and restaurants nearby. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Would come back for sure.

Room tip: deluxe room
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Eva-cz
Reviewed June 28, 2018

in 2016 I visited my hometown of Brooklyn , N.Y. , USA for a funeral.....I chose the Greenpoint YMCA because of its price and location......this is a clean , well maintained property.....the drawbacks include no elevator and a community shower and bathroom ….one for men and one for women.....no pets welcome...….they will change your sheets daily and my room had a TV and A/C...…..I had a car rental and , as long as I was away during the day , there was alternate side of the street parking and , when the factories closed at 5 p. m. , down the street , on Meserole Avenue , you can park there legally......no problem.....just read the signs to make sure you can park there...I saw young couples there…..the Y even had a nursery......call to ask about child care.....I don't think this property works for everyone …..I was happy it worked for me.....

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank mytravelswithjim
Reviewed June 13, 2018

When you go to this website, it looks like a pretty, simple, bright, clean "hotel-esque" place to stay at a great rate in a notoriously pricey area. That alone should have set me straight. The lobby is your typical YMCA, with kids coming and going. The stairs leading to the guest rooms are separate from the other and are a sign of things to come - a little dirty, old, creepy. I opened the door to my room and, although I thought I was prepared, I wasn't. It was small, dark, stuffy and small. I got a claustrophobic feeling - then some of the guests I saw in the hallway gave me a weird vibe too. I never even went to the bathrooms to scope them out - I was actually HAPPY I had a family thing going on that I had to leave for because I checked right out and went home early - didn't even care that I lost that money. I don't think I could have relaxed staying there. I tried giving it a chance but couldn't do it.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Great location within 5 minutes walk to subway and surrounded with plenty of restaurants to choose from. Nice green park located stone throw away from hostel is a plus. Room I stayed in was clean and tidy, although some funny chemical smell persisted throughout entire stay. On 3rd floor there’s no male bathrooms, so I had to go down every time i needed it, which was quite annoying (biggest disadvantage). Common Toilets and showers were fairly clean. This place has some great fitness rooms for guests to use while staying here. Good quality internet connection was a plus.
All in all, reasonable place to stay around Brooklyn if you don’t mind sharing facilities.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days and for $70 US a night for my own room it was perfect. It is nothing fancy and you have to walk to the bathroom from your room but I had a comfortable bed, TV, air conditioning and the location was great.

Close to the subway and the hip area of Williamsburg was great but the thing that made this place stand out for me was that because it is part of a fitness Centre and gym, all guests get free access to all the classes, pool and sauna. While I was there I did a Pilates and a yoga class. Both excellent. You can also do strength classes and even spin classes, there are about 10 a day to choose from and all free!

Another awesome benefit is the free breakfast from a diner one block away. You get an egg and bacon roll (or any other variety if you are vegetarian).

These extra benefits saved me so much money and it was so good to be able to get back into the gym especially after all the delicious food I have been eating on this trip!!

I read reviews that is was noisey. I was lucky and in a room down the end of the hall, I just put my aircon on fan and that sound drowned out all over noise.

Oh 1 other thing, the YMCA is directly across the road from the NY police department so I always felt so safe (especially being a solo female pregnant traveller).

Thanks so much Greenpoint YMCA :)

Trip type: Traveled solo